Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Bey-Heart

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Bey-Heart » 31 May 2012 21:48

I have a question about my dreams.

Most of the time when I have dreams, they turn out like this. I'll have my normal dream, but somewhere at the end of the dream, I always fall from somewhere, whether it's a cliff, a building, or so on. I realize I'm dreaming, and I wake up and realize what's going on. But after I'm awake, I still feel like I'm falling. And if I move my body the slightest bit, I jump like 3 feet. What is happening here? I've been doing this for a very long time, since before I knew about lucid dreaming. Is this a new type of dream? Is this part of lucid dreaming? Do any of you get these dreams?

Also, what causes this?

FriendlyLucid

Postby FriendlyLucid » 01 Jun 2012 18:02

Bey-Heart wrote:I have a question about my dreams.

Most of the time when I have dreams, they turn out like this. I'll have my normal dream, but somewhere at the end of the dream, I always fall from somewhere, whether it's a cliff, a building, or so on. I realize I'm dreaming, and I wake up and realize what's going on. But after I'm awake, I still feel like I'm falling. And if I move my body the slightest bit, I jump like 3 feet. What is happening here? I've been doing this for a very long time, since before I knew about lucid dreaming. Is this a new type of dream? Is this part of lucid dreaming? Do any of you get these dreams?

Also, what causes this?

My friend has the same thing happen to him, I would make sure to keep yourself from thinking about falling while your lucid lol. Go call your spirit guide, it should protect you, while your at it, ask your spirit guide that question and see what you get back

MY question to everyone else: My spirit guide NEVER shows up anymore whenever I call it. What do I need to do? I heard I should be calm when I call out, so I am. but that didn't work. the last time it worked my spirit guide took form as an old man dressed as a Dalai Lama (orange/yellow robes)
I asked "Do I call you up and ask you the same questions every time I dream?" He nodded yes

(That's when I figured maybe my spirit guide never shows up because I am always bugging him)

A dream character was walking towards me as if it was going to cause me to wake up but my spirit guide turned to him and the dream character stopped than walked away (This lucid dream lasted a very long time as long as my spirit guide was their I felt that I couldn't wake up. (Also I consistently assured myself I will remember this)

Bey-Heart

Postby Bey-Heart » 01 Jun 2012 21:05

Apparently it's called a "Hypnic Jerk". I can't control my lucidity yet, so I will try when I can.

Peter

Postby Peter » 01 Jun 2012 22:41

This is more inclined to happen when you are on you back so if thats how you sleep try rolling over. the best position for a LD is one that is most comfortable for you so any position is cool
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Bey-Heart

Postby Bey-Heart » 02 Jun 2012 01:17

I sleep on my left side. Always. Maybe I'll do some experimenting with it. I've forced it on myself before.

Bey-Heart

Postby Bey-Heart » 02 Jun 2012 22:27

Double posting, I know. Sorry

I was wondering, is there any vitamins I can take to help with dream recall? I don't usually remember my dreams very well, so I'd like to start.

Also, how am I supposed to be using Isochronic Tones? You're supposed to wear headphones, but is it safe to wear headphones to bed? :P I'm guessing I shouldn't be using big headphones, so earbuds would probably do fine, right? Or, could I just unplug the headphones, and listen without them? It doesn't say that they're required, like some of the other Isochronic Tones do.

LucidKey13

Postby LucidKey13 » 02 Jun 2012 22:35

Bey-Heart wrote: Also, how am I supposed to be using Isochronic Tones? You're supposed to wear headphones, but is it safe to wear headphones to bed? :P I'm guessing I shouldn't be using big headphones, so earbuds would probably do fine, right? Or, could I just unplug the headphones, and listen without them? It doesn't say that they're required, like some of the other Isochronic Tones do.

From all the isochronic tones I have looked at they all stated that one of the benifits of isochronic tones compared to binaural beats is that unlike binaural beats, isochronic tones do not need earphones/headphones! :) but if you want to, I am pretty sure it's safe as I used to listen to music through my earphones to help me go to sleep. The only problem is that if you toss and turn a lot, they might come out or get tangled up.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
"Umbrella can’t stop the rain, But Make Us to stand in Rain.
Confidence May not bring success, But It gives a POWER to face any Challenge."

Serpo42

Postby Serpo42 » 03 Jun 2012 14:11

Hello! I'm 15, i have never lucid dreamed (as far as i can remember) but it's become an obsession of mine the last few weeks. I'm starting out with the MILD method as i have a quite good dream recall(1-6 dreams a night), and I'm also scared shitless by the mere thought of having scary hallucinations in the middle of the night not being able to move :?

Anyways I've been trying the MILD method for a while now but i just can't seem to remember doing the reality checks during a dream :( but I'm going to order caela zacatechichi, which I'm quite confident will induce a lucid dream sooner or later, does anyone have any experience regarding this herb?

Celerity

Postby Celerity » 03 Jun 2012 23:50

Hello everyone. I am a total newbie to lucid dreaming. I just started reading this site about four days ago, but I have been dream journaling for at least six months.

Looking back at my journal, I do realize I'm dreaming every once in a while, but never for long and the dream stays blurry.
Do you think your ability to become lucid improves with experience? Will my dreams eventually be clearer if I keep trying?

Andn how do I really learn to think straight in a dream?
Last edited by Celerity on 05 Jun 2012 15:50, edited 1 time in total.

Bey-Heart

Postby Bey-Heart » 04 Jun 2012 21:23

Yet another question from me. Rather than using Isochronic Tones, could I just turn on some music? Like, something from Yiruma, The Section Quartet, Maroon 5, Neon Trees, etc? Would that work just as well?

Return to “For Beginners”