WILDs: Guided meditation and Hypnagogia control? How?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
RosenVitae

WILDs: Guided meditation and Hypnagogia control? How?

Postby RosenVitae » 30 May 2012 13:30

Only recently have I read that you can learn to influence or "control" hypnagogia through will to induce WILD. This raises some questions in me, and I beg forgiveness if there are answers to this elsewhere on the forum, but I have my own situation/context that I'd like some feedback on. Thankyou.

I always experience hypnagogia (3-5 times) before sleeping or napping, but I never imagined that you could interact with it consciously (other than passive observation). Whenever I consciously react in any way (even by just realizing what it is I'm observing), I snap right out of it. I'm used to hypnagogia being quite random (even when listening to guided meditation, I have all kinds of unrelated hypnagogic imagery going on, which I can't help but think of as wrong or messed up. When guided to visualize a garden, I'd rather like to have hypnagogic images of this garden rather than of Mickey Mouse). To that extent, I never feel that guided meditation bring me very deep or shifts my awareness all that much (other than bringing me hypnagogia, which is very desirable, but still).

I'm very interested in knowing how you can influence and interact with hypnagogia without snapping out of it.
Started training: 18/12-2011.
First deliberate LD: 4/1-2012 (DILD).
Lucidities after that: 26/3-2012 (DILD during nap), 1/6-2012 (DILD during nap),

torakrubik

Re: WILDs: Guided meditation and Hypnagogia control? How?

Postby torakrubik » 30 May 2012 22:39

It has to be incredible subtle. Don't force it, just project suggestions about what might happen. Half of the interaction is uncontrolled.
Dreaming is my drug

Peter

Postby Peter » 31 May 2012 06:22

I have never interacted with HI, I observe and let it come to me or else I lose the focus and start thinking and it all goes away
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 02 Jun 2012 07:51

RosenVitae without breaking them one can interact with Hi in a number of ways:

1. Simply zoom in or zoom out.
2.-3. flip the object around to a different angle or move your point of observation.
4. One can morph the object The last time I did this it was a mounted knight I willed the armor, arms and caparisons to change, morphing it into a couple of dozen different knights in a few seconds. I did not will any of the particulars, just willed it to change.
5. will the object to shift position.
6. some Hi are more dream like, but rather than having a dreamscape one has a very limited dream stage/set to interact with, e.g. one can interact/ play total war or a game like civilization V on a HI set with my subconscious doing an excellent job of representing the programs, music videos can be one of these sets too.

I don't know how I'm controlling HI, I just will it and it happens, though usually I just enjoy the HI, though manipulating/interacting with an object does not seem much harder than just passively having them stream
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Peter

Postby Peter » 02 Jun 2012 22:21

Snaggle are you aware of doing this as I get most of that but am not sure if I am making some of it happen or possibly focusing a little makes it happen. Like the double slit experiment ?
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 03 Jun 2012 03:58

Peter wrote:Snaggle are you aware of doing this as I get most of that but am not sure if I am making some of it happen or possibly focusing a little makes it happen. Like the double slit experiment ?

Peter it sometimes happens intentionally and sometimes spontaneously, but generally is intentional at least to the degree of having a new focus on the item. I also left out creating multiple images of the same image. HI are a lot like ones imagination and if not trying to lucid dream I play with them.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

SGraham

Postby SGraham » 21 Jun 2012 19:48

for me i guess when i get to hypnagogia i just start thinking about a scene or person or something . and my hypnagogic images usualy then start to manifest what i was thinking about.
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”