I'm very confused

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Teh_Fuhrer

I'm very confused

Postby Teh_Fuhrer » 02 Jun 2012 11:46

I have had multiple LD's in my life but there is something strange that always occurs everytime I get one.

It goes like this...

I start to get into the whole lucid dreaming thing...i do all the techniques, reality checks, everything.
After all my efforts I get little results.... :evil: (Remembering my dreams is not the problem, i often 3-4 dreams per night and sometimes a full length dream)

SO! I start to get bored and stop doing the whole lucid dreaming program all together....

BUT! (now this always happens) After about 2-3 nights after stopping the whole program....BAM! I get a lucid dream :? . And the whole process starts over again.

Can anyone tell me what the hell is going on because I try so hard to get lucid dreams and when I don't focus on them I get one.

Peter

Re: I'm very confused

Postby Peter » 02 Jun 2012 22:18

You have just answered your own question, if it was sport you would be training like mad and then tapering for a bit to achieve peak performance. so you try very hard and this creates strong intent and then you relax and the training comes to you in a day or two as a good solid LD.

Keep doing what you are doing, a lot of people will envy this
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 03 Jun 2012 16:05

Yup.

And, stop trying so hard. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 03 Jun 2012 22:06

the same thing happens to me! i believe its pretty common among lucid dreamers so dont feel bad ;)
What is your definition of reality?

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 04 Jun 2012 21:37

I have the same kind of cycles to my LDs. I don't have them unless I really want them and the want has to be quite strong. Naturally after an LD, the desire goes down and no LD. Of course it's easy to try too hard, or not hard enough, or something else...

But all the wait is well worth it, not sure if I would appreciate them as much if they were a lot more frequent.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”