Lucid dreams & time.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
dagomez99

Lucid dreams & time.

Postby dagomez99 » 13 Jun 2011 06:10

I noticed that people have some sort of belief that dreams happen in the last 30 seconds of sleep, but that makes no sense to me. I don't know if that's true, because, when I get the opportunity to pinch my nose in a dream, i notice my breath is in the bounaries of "normal", It doesn't last all the dream long, which would be logic if dreams were like that, or do normal dreams last that bit, and lucid dreams last longer in "the outside"

What do you think?

Peter

Re: Lucid dreams & time.

Postby Peter » 13 Jun 2011 06:54

a sense of time may emerge after a while and you will get an idea of how long a dream will last. if you feel you know what is 30 seconds then if you do a lot more in a dream you know it is longer that 30 seconds. I am confident that I have had LD that last in excess of 30 minutes and some early in the evening in the first sleep perod and others in the later stages of REM sleep
Just find you way through it all and use common sense. I feel that a sense of time is a simple external referance that links LD state and normal reality

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”