Stored Information

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
SkyDiver

Stored Information

Postby SkyDiver » 03 Jun 2012 01:54

Don't we only have dreams about places that our brain knows?

So, in the instance of flying.. wouldnt it be impossible to fly around the world when clearly we don't know what the entire world looks like? Or dream about being in certain cities that we've never been in and no knowledge of what they look like?

Or in the case of sexual activity, only being restricted to having sex with someone who we've seen naked before.

Does that make any sense? So are lucid dreams only restricted to places that we've seen and/or travelled to and situations that we've been through before?

Snaggle

Re: Stored Information

Postby Snaggle » 03 Jun 2012 03:47

Don't we only have dreams about places that our brain knows?

No, our brains/minds can create entirely imaginary dreamscapes.

So, in the instance of flying.. wouldnt it be impossible to fly around the world when clearly we don't know what the entire world looks like? Or dream about being in certain cities that we've never been in and no knowledge of what they look like?

Ones Brain or mind has absorbed much more info than ones consciousness has. Almost every one has seen satellite photos or outer space photos of the earth and there's enough other stored info in ones brain or mind to fill in the blanks as one moves closer. Cities are a better test for remote dream viewing, but have the same weakness, even if one does not think one has ever seen the city we has all seen so many TV shows and movies that we might have images of cities stored in our brains that we're not aware of.

Or in the case of sexual activity, only being restricted to having sex with someone who we've seen naked before.

Again no, dream vixens are normally much more beautiful than any real woman even the most beautiful.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Ryan

Re: Stored Information

Postby Ryan » 03 Jun 2012 16:18

SkyDiver wrote:Don't we only have dreams about places that our brain knows?

I'll try to expand a bit on what Snaggle said, as I fully agree with him.
What you experience in the non-physical (aka dreams, etc) is a reflection of your combined physical experiences. I wrote an article about this kind of thing for my website which you can read here: http://unlimitedboundaries.ca/2011/09/02/addition-to-your-non-physical-perception/

I'll put in the first paragraph here:
Here is an example I came up with to further illustrate how your perception works in the non-physical. Meaning, as a consciousness, you can only experience that which you experience within the paradigm of the sum of what you’ve experienced previously. And it also illustrates the subjective nature of our non-physical experiences.

Actually, I wrote another article just yesterday about this. It's in reference to what people commonly refer to as the "real time zone", which is experiencing this physical reality while non-physical.
http://unlimitedboundaries.ca/2012/06/02/possible-cause-for-reality-fluctuations-in-our-projections/

I'm unsure if this "RTZ" (Robert Bruce coined the term) is really anything more than just another astral reality. But the above is my theory about how and why we can experience portions of this physical reality which we haven't directly experienced ourselves. The creation of these astral realities could come from other consciousnesses who have experienced it, combined also with images you've seen (pictures).

I read a case once where someone went to a hypnotist to "have a vacation". They went through magazines and other sources to find images of where they wanted to go and studied them intently. The hypnotist then put the individuals under and they "experienced" the places in that state and ended up with the memories just as if they had actually physically visited there. :)

Well, there's only one way to see if your non-physical experiences in this case are true... but you'd have to try and see them naked physically. ;)

To expand upon what Snaggle said. Yes, they're usually the most beautiful women you'll ever see because they're YOUR belief of what is the most beautiful. :)

Does that make any sense? So are lucid dreams only restricted to places that we've seen and/or travelled to and situations that we've been through before?

You'll experience things, even strange things, in a manner which fits your previous experiences. Another example was an experience I had recently where I had an astral awareness and I asked to see my spirit guide. I saw this flash of white light, and I turned around to see this "entity" which looked like a folded up piece of string with a face, arms, legs, etc... unfortunately, I immediately lost hold of the experience and woke up. LoL

Now, is this entity REALLY made of string? Probably not... it's just the most acceptable way which my consciousness interpreted that which I was perceiving. String-man! I haven't ran into it again yet.

So yeah, I believe that you can only experience that which you experience within the paradigm of the sum of what you’ve experienced previously
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Return to “For Beginners”