Forgetting specific answers from subconscious.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
RosenVitae

Forgetting specific answers from subconscious.

Postby RosenVitae » 01 Jun 2012 19:16

Today's nap yielded a very nice lucidity, and I spent the time talking with my subconsciousness through nearby dream characters. I seek lucid conversations with my inner self about the current major problem in my life. Here's the thing: some answers I remember clearly even now, but some other specific answers was allready "too far away" when I just woke up and started journaling.

Any ideas/experiences about how or why this happens?
I'm also curious if I'm moving too fast (I was asking the taxidriver that had driven me about this problem of mine, but I don't think the taxidriver was the projection of the problem, so maybe I wouldn't get the best answer from him?)

Also, I would love to hear how people have experienced dream characters during conversations, so I might understand how to get the best answers.

Thankyou :)
Started training: 18/12-2011.
First deliberate LD: 4/1-2012 (DILD).
Lucidities after that: 26/3-2012 (DILD during nap), 1/6-2012 (DILD during nap),

HAGART

Re: Forgetting specific answers from subconscious.

Postby HAGART » 05 Jun 2012 05:19

One thing I do is write it down as you are dreaming it.

I sometimes ask the person for the correct spelling of their name and look at them in the face. Then start the conversation like an interview and write down the answers within the dream. (sometimes it is hard to find a pencil and things don't always work.) But being proactive and writing it down within the dream makes me remember it much better, because I remember the action of writing it down more than the memory of what the person said.

In other words I remember what I wrote because I actually did it. I remember stuff I did more than what I heard.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

RosenVitae

Postby RosenVitae » 05 Jun 2012 11:41

That's a very nice technique :) I'll try to remember it when I'm interviewing dream characters for specific things I'd want to remember. Thankyou HAGART.

So far, whenever I've become lucid, I cease the moment and try to get the most of things, because I always end waking up at some point. To that end I find myself easily sidetracked, like in this instance where other characters had entered the backseat of the taxi while I talked with the driver, and I thought about how every character represent something. I guess I loose focus in some sense and should propably try to stabilize some more to gain even more clarity and awareness.

Next time I'm lucid, I'd go for an exploration/flying dream, so I get used to more lucid sensations.
Started training: 18/12-2011.
First deliberate LD: 4/1-2012 (DILD).
Lucidities after that: 26/3-2012 (DILD during nap), 1/6-2012 (DILD during nap),

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Jun 2012 23:39

I just realized that I only write down things in dreams occasionally and an even better way is to repeat what they say to clarify it. Good listeners do that in real life too. Plus you will remember saying it out loud in the dream. (Sometimes people just seem to talk nonsense though, but try to remember anyway. It might mean something.)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”