Awareness

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
KylePK

Awareness

Postby KylePK » 08 Jun 2012 06:44

Does anyone have any techniques they would care to share on staying aware when trying to WILD, or being more aware of the fact that you are dreaming? (Reality Checks, of course. However sometimes even after I do a reality check I am still too unaware to be realize, HOT DAMN I SHOULD GO LUCID!)

Every time I try to WILD, I usually lose awareness. My HI, or dreamlets, end up taking over my awareness and no matter how hard I fight to stay aware, I end up asleep.

How can I stay partially aware and conscious so that I may enter a Lucid Dream from the waking state?!?!
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Peter

Re: Awareness

Postby Peter » 08 Jun 2012 07:51

Blink your eyes the odd time, just for an instant it will wake you up a little. WILD is a fine line and I never stress if I end up asleep
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 08 Jun 2012 19:29

Peter wrote:Blink your eyes the odd time, just for an instant it will wake you up a little. WILD is a fine line and I never stress if I end up asleep

Okay I will try that! Well I don't really stress about it so much as I just want to succeed! I come close in my dreams, and my dreams are vivid and seem real. So I feel like I'm kind of on the edge of getting multiple lucid dreams, I just have to work on a few things to push me over to the Lucid Dreaming side! This is one of those things haha, because I often get to the point of heavy vibrations in my WILD attempts, or like a surge of energy. And I try to just imagine myself floating in water when that happens, flowing into the dreamworld. I just lose the feeling before much happens lol.

Peter

Postby Peter » 08 Jun 2012 22:09

keep chipping at the edges and you will gain a little each time and soon will get there. Its so illusive and frustrating at times and also its not a holy grail as the outcome is what we are after
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 11 Jun 2012 00:36

KylePK wrote:Every time I try to WILD, I usually lose awareness. My HI, or dreamlets, end up taking over my awareness and no matter how hard I fight to stay aware, I end up asleep. How can I stay partially aware and conscious so that I may enter a Lucid Dream from the waking state?!?!

I would just advise you to keep trying, I don't think there is any magic formula. One thing that has been helpful for me is to repeat things like "The next time I am dreaming I realize I'm dreaming" and "I am dreaming now" etc. and also planning your dream. I have never been able to maintain complete awareness through WILD, but have been successful anyway. There has always been a gap in awareness between waking state and dream and my goal has been to minimize the gap and jump over it so to say. It's quite amazing when you make it through because all of a sudden your in a real world in a snap like flipping a switch. Very cool.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 12 Jun 2012 01:40

Peter wrote: also its not a holy grail as the outcome is what we are after

What do you mean?

Peter

Postby Peter » 12 Jun 2012 02:44

A lot of people seen to struggle to achieve a WILD as if it is a better way to LD. All that matters is that you get there in your own way and in your own time, there is no best way to LD or no correct way just what works for you so put your effort in some of the easier ways that might give more success

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 13 Jun 2012 08:52

Ah I see. Well my main goal with Lucid Dreaming is to gain the ability to do it on near command. The idea of a WILD is more intriguing to me than realizing inside the dream that I am dreaming. Besides, I have heard (and believe to be true) that WILD is a stronger method since there is no lapse in consciousness.

Peter

Postby Peter » 13 Jun 2012 21:13

Wild is an incredible experiences and challenges boundaries due to staying awake while going to sleep. I would get about 4 WILD's, 4 DILD due to reality checks and 2 spontaneous LD out of 10 so its always a mix and they once in it does not matter. The quality can be the same for each

SGraham

Postby SGraham » 14 Jun 2012 02:52

I get that problem all the time! here is what i do : when atempting a WILD that instead of viewing hypnagogic halucinations , i repetitivly say what im going to do in the dream ahead . once fully relaxed then i invision the scene .
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”