Lucid Waking by Zoé Newman

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Jonathan

Lucid Waking by Zoé Newman

Postby Jonathan » 12 Jun 2011 00:12

Has anyone here read Lucid Waking by Zoé Newman? I came across it randomly but haven't seen anyone discuss it anywhere before.

http://www.zoenewman.net/lucidwaking.html

Peter

Re: Lucid Waking by Zoé Newman

Postby Peter » 12 Jun 2011 01:25

no and just googled the link. reeks of a self help book riding on lucid dreaming.

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 15 Jun 2011 06:16

Let's not judge her too quickly... I've not heard of this book before and I'll be the first to admit the blurb is rather non-specific, but her author bio looks genuine. My curiosity is piqued. I'd give it a go.

In her support, she is a regular presenter at the IASD among other things. From the Amazon page:

ZOÉ NEWMAN, M.F.T., brings to Lucid Waking twenty years of experience as a psychotherapist and workshop leader working with dreams and with the metaphors of waking experience. She uses the approaches and exercises in the book in her work with individuals and groups, and has been a frequent presenter at the International Association for the Study of Dreams. Her articles have appeared in a number of journals, including Insight, Dreamtime, and Psychological Perspectives. She is in private practice as a psychotherapist in Berkeley, California.

Peter

Postby Peter » 15 Jun 2011 06:54

just a first impression and I would read the book, I read everything and dont mind if my first impressions are wrong so just a few words but yes open minded. Theres room for all
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”