help with hypnogogia

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Jacob D K

help with hypnogogia

Postby Jacob D K » 30 May 2012 23:24

i know that in the wild technique you have to achieve hypnagogia. can anyone give me tips on it? i have no idea how to start.

lucidinthe sky

Re: help with hypnogogia

Postby lucidinthe sky » 31 May 2012 05:25

It happens naturally, just go through the WILD process. That should be all you need to do since HI is one of the stages you go through. The main problem is sometimes you go through it very fast and fall alseep without maintaining awareness. Good luck and just keep trying, it will happen.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

thomas

Postby thomas » 01 Jun 2012 03:55

This best advice I can give is don't TRY to see it. Just relax and let it flow. I find it on the border between wakefulness and sleep. Be really relaxed. Try some of the relaxation techniques. The easiest time I have found to see it is by using the WBTB method - you are already relaxed and the mind is a lot quieter. I find that I see the images etc. almost as soon as I close my eyes. The downside is that it is much easier to fall asleep - as Lucid in the Sky mentioned. That's a real trick - catching yourself at the critical moment to get into the dream without popping back into wakefulness or falling asleep. I've done both - a lot. Once you get into a dream though it's great!

Shadow

Postby Shadow » 01 Jun 2012 05:03

So is hypnogogia something that happens every time you go to sleep ?

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 01 Jun 2012 12:04

Shadow wrote:So is hypnogogia something that happens every time you go to sleep ?

effectively yes, though one will rarely skip Hi and transition into NREM dreams without HI. I experience HI every time I go to bed and have all my life, excluding the rare exception I mentioned.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Shadow

Postby Shadow » 02 Jun 2012 09:57

Wow we're totally different than. I've never consciously experienced hypnogogia though I would love to !

Jacob D K

Postby Jacob D K » 09 Jun 2012 21:47

i think now i realized that i have been through it. sometimes, when i close my eyes, mostly when i am very tired, i see strange things and pattern!

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 09 Jun 2012 22:42

Jacob D K wrote:i think now i realized that i have been through it. sometimes, when i close my eyes, mostly when i am very tired, i see strange things and pattern!

Yep that's exactly it :)
Dreaming is my drug

OP1_Kanobi

Postby OP1_Kanobi » 12 Jun 2012 12:05

Hello! How is everyone? (sorry I am new). I am just wondering, I don't believe I have observed HI before, though I fully accept it happens. Whenever I close my eyes I see obscure blotches of colour that I can change to a degree (they are all 2D) eg, colour basic shape. Is this what HI is like or is it more vivid like pictures and drawings?
Thanks, Oliver

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Beethoven

Postby Beethoven » 13 Jun 2012 18:58

Hynogogia or hypnagogic imagery as I like to call it can be anything from a simple shape that looks like a drawing to a REAL image. I kinda think of the real image kind of a half lucid dream cos it's like dreaming for 1 second. I have had lots of lucidity this way but it was years ago before aliens got in my head and destroyed the part of my brain required to lucid dream!!!

10 years later and I'm about to go through my zillionth lucidity stage! Hope it doesn't end up a disaster like my previous ones!

All the best!

Paul

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”