Hint Dropping - Lucid Dreaming Experiment

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Bey-Heart

Hint Dropping - Lucid Dreaming Experiment

Postby Bey-Heart » 06 Jun 2012 00:08

I was hoping some of you guys could help me with a little experiment of a simple method to cause lucid dreaming. This idea kinda bounces from some other ideas I've read.

I was thinking, and maybe somebody talking could help you realize you're dreaming? I was hoping that maybe we could take some Piano music, and get somebody to record their voice over it a little bit. It'll have to be a female with a natural, calm, beautiful voice, of course. I don't know about you guys, but I'd have trouble falling asleep listening to a man, or somebody who's voice isn't calm, or pretty. :P

I'm thinking that with a voice like I said, it would be easier to fall asleep to, and it would help to focus on it more.

So basically, every 30-45 seconds (Maybe 60?), the voice will repeat itself. It will say something to help us realize we're sleeping. And this will happen over the course of multiple songs (We can use expired music so we don't get into legal trouble.) We can burn it onto blank CD's, and listen to the whole CD in repeat while we sleep.

Of course, this won't cause us to instantly go lucid. The idea behind this is that it will give us hints. The music in the background is to help us relax enough to go to sleep. The voice is just dropping hints for us. If we figure out the hints, we can become lucid. We'll have to do some testing with it though.

I'm hoping you guys are willing to help me out with this. It seems kinda interesting. It's not a surefire way to go lucid, but it can help.

jamiealexander

Re: Hint Dropping - Lucid Dreaming Experiment

Postby jamiealexander » 06 Jun 2012 21:04

There's a binaural beats recording out there that will go silent for a certain amount of time and then come on when you should be dreaming.

I guess that's kind of like your idea.

I want to get something made in the future along the lines of that. An isochronic recording that also uses hypnotic suggestions to send your conscious brain to sleep and after a long pause tells the brain it's time to wake up.

Good luck with your idea. It sounds interesting.

Bey-Heart

Postby Bey-Heart » 06 Jun 2012 23:09

That sounds interesting, I think I'll look into that a little bit.

Also, would anybody be interested in recording themselves for this? I know it sounds kinda creepy (People, particularly a teenage boy, sleeping to the sound of your voice), but it just might work. :P

Shadow

Postby Shadow » 07 Jun 2012 10:08

I think this is exactly what you're talking about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgFUN9WVd58&feature=plcp

About 60 minutes into the recording a voice repeatedly says "Your dreaming" and "Do a reality check"

Bey-Heart

Postby Bey-Heart » 07 Jun 2012 20:12

That's exactly what I had in mind! :D Except I wanted it with a woman's voice. :P

Is there any way I could rip the last 30 minutes of the track? Also, if I slept to the last 30 minutes in repeat every night, would my brain tune it out? And would it not work with only that section?

Beethoven

Postby Beethoven » 13 Jun 2012 19:31

Haha, been there, bought the tee-shirt!!!

Phew! The things I've tried regarding listening to audio whilst in bed! I could write a book on it!

There are some great natural voice programs on the net, have you tried any of these???

I had some success with the voices thing but also a lot of frustration because of the time and effort I'd put into it.

Here are 3 real examples of how it affected the dream.

1) I'm in a pub in some kinda lucidity event, and the host says something like... "I want everyone to shout 'Am I dreaming right now?' and keep repeating it." So the whole pub starts chanting "Am I dreaming right now?" every few seconds. I woke up, and the sound of "Am I dreaming right now?" on my tape recorder (It was over 10 years ago!) was exactly in sync with the guys at the pub!

2) All of a sudden the stereo at work starts chanting out my voice saying something like "Wake up Paul, you're dreaming". I think that someone has kidnapped my tape/CD etc. and for a laugh starts playing it. I go crazy and try to stop it, but it won't and I'm really embarrassed. Then I woke up!

3) I've got some crazy message playing, and my mum comes into my bedroom and asks me what I'm listening to. Feeling really embarrassed I try and stop the tape, but it won't stop and eventually I wake up feeling relieved that it was a dream!

I've had lots of paranoia dreams like these listening to audio things in bed. Especially when it's anything to do with sex. But, phew! I'm not gonna go there!!!

Happy dreaming!

Paul

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”