If I can do it, anyone can do it.

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Ignar

If I can do it, anyone can do it.

Postby Ignar » 13 Jun 2012 01:13

I got The Art of Lucid Dreaming on my kindle on May 7, 2012. I had a really good book on dream control when I was a teenager and someone ganked it. I could never find another good one. I'm 42 now and was very excited when I found this book.

I'm the kind of guy that people call when they want scary spiritual things to go away and leave them alone. I'm a believer, but I seem to have a nulling effect on anything metaphysical. Dreams are more science than meta though, so I was hoping maybe I'd have a chance.

This book recommended meditation. I've always been interested in meditation, so I picked up Oceanic Mind and started to meditate. I then got interrested in developing my intuition so I got a book on that, then I picked one up on numerology because that has always been interresting. So, down to the point, for the last 10 days I've been reading voraciously at night and not getting enough sleep, so my dream journal has been suffering. I have continued doing my reality checks, and taking 100 mg vitamin b6 at night, but not expecting any lucid dreams until I quit bouncing around like a crack head.

Durring my dream, my girlfriend had called me to come home and have lunch with her, so I headed home. The dream home being much bigger and nicer than my real house, is it a wonder why people like dreams? I unlocked the door and decided to check the time to see how long it took me to get home, because for some reason it was already dark. I could not read my watch, it made everything even darker, so I clicked the light button on my watch, and the light did not come on. I then noticed it was a diffrent shape and debth than my normal watch. I looked harder and noticed that my watch was much smaller and silver instead of black. The two reality checks I do are the finger pushing and reading the face of my watch. It hit me immediatley, I'm lucid!

I remembered that I'm suppose to stay calm, yah right. Though I didn't go running off trying to tell everyone I was lucid, I was VERY excited. I hadn't been doing good with my journal, so I hadn't bothered to make a lucid memory plan. The first thing that popped into my mind of course was flying. I tried to fly and my feet just barley raised off of the ground and I thought, wait...Rebecca said this was too hard for beginners and so I tried to start jumping. I noticed I was not bending my legs to jump, I was jumping from pure thought and my dream got real blurry immediatley. I said "CLAIRITY. CLARITY!" It didn't work. Next I spun around and everything got even darker, so I fell to the ground on my back and started making snow angel movements. That stopped things from getting worse. Next I looked into the sky and said, ok I should be able to make more stars come out than this, and focused on making them brighter. Everything started to refocus, the stars got brighter and started getting more populous, then I heard a deep voice that sounded mad say "WAKE UP!" I thought, Oh no. nonononono! But I was awake.

I meditated and asked my subconcious not to do that again. The point is though, reality checks work! Anyone can do this. If your just starting and wondering if it's just a few people that can do it, nope. Just work at it, don't put pressure on yourself and they will start to happen. I hope I have another one soon, but I'll let them happen as they come.

Happy dreaming,
Ignar

Summerlander

Re: If I can do it, anyone can do it.

Postby Summerlander » 13 Jun 2012 20:33

I got The Art of Lucid Dreaming on my kindle on May 7, 2012. I had a really good book on dream control when I was a teenager and someone ganked it. I could never find another good one. I'm 42 now and was very excited when I found this book.

Is this book The Art of Dreaming by Carlos Castaneda? I have a hard copy. I haven't started reading it yet as I am currently reading Dreaming While Awake by Arnold Mindell.

I then noticed it was a diffrent shape and debth than my normal watch. I looked harder and noticed that my watch was much smaller and silver instead of black. The two reality checks I do are the finger pushing and reading the face of my watch. It hit me immediatley, I'm lucid!

Awesome, isn't it. I love that sweet feeling of realisation. Thank you for sharing your lucid dream and good advice there too.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Ignar

Re: If I can do it, anyone can do it.

Postby Ignar » 21 Jul 2012 23:28

Summerlander wrote:

Is this book The Art of Dreaming by Carlos Castaneda? I have a hard copy. I haven't started reading it yet as I am currently reading Dreaming While Awake by Arnold Mindell.

Actually this is The Art of Lucid Dreaming: The Pursuit of Conscious Dream Control by Rebecca Turner and Pete Casale: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LZ4BAK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004LZ4BAK&linkCode=as2&tag=woroflucdre-20

Happy dreaming,
Ignar

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”