newbie in need of help!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

newbie in need of help!

Postby ddddarraghxo0 » 15 Jun 2012 13:39

Hi everyone :) Ok I'm really struggling to understand this whole concept of lucid dreaming and I'm in desperate need to figure it out. The other day while intoxicated I was with my friend, who was sober, and there seems to be two completely different stories about what happened. He's telling me I had a "vivid dream" (which when looking up it seems as though vivid is just another word for lucid). I remember almost everything perfectly. Down to the very pressure I felt during certain times. The reason I'm doubting his whole theory of a lucid dream is because it correlates with reality too much. His story is that he wasn't with me for long; he said he helped me into my house, took me upstairs into my room, I got sick, and then flopped into bed and fell asleep and he walked downstairs and left by himself as I layed in bed asleep wearing a tank top and my sweats that I was wearing earlier in the day. However, my mind is telling me almost the exact opposite. I remember being with him for at least an hour. The part that is tripping me out is the fact that the parts he's saying are a "dream" seemed to have really happened. He's saying that I dreamed that I changed into my nightgown, went downstairs, opened my window, talked to him, and went outside. When I woke up, just as my "dream" went, I was changed into the same exact nightgown I was wearing in this "vivid dream", the same window I opened in this "vivid dream" was open, and my door was opened just as I had left it in this "vivid dream" and the clothes I was wearing were in the same exact place that I just so happened to throw them in this "vivid dream" he keeps saying I had. I remember everything. The conversations we had, what actually happened, where it happened, how it happened for the most part. I even texted my friends talking about everything that had happened. He's telling me this is all a coincidence but I just can't believe it. The reason this is so important because if I didn't have a lucid dream, that unfortunately means I made a really big mistake and cheated on my boyfriend. It's driving me insane and I really just want to find out the truth. Is there anyway all of this is a coincidence? Was this really a lucid dream? Or is my friend just using that as a coverup for our real life mistake? Please help me!

Re: newbie in need of help!

Postby dreamerinmiami » 15 Jun 2012 22:09

well if everything was exactly how it was in the "dream" then it really happened. thats enough evidence for me. you were just very drunk and it seemed like a dream the following day.
What is your definition of reality?

Return to “For Beginners”