No dream journal?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
jovask8

No dream journal?

Postby jovask8 » 15 Jun 2012 11:27

At the start, when i started to work on lucid dreaming i used a dream journal, for like 4months.. I got a bit lazy to be honest and i stopped writing in it.. 2months past, but i still can remember pretty much of the dreams..

Is there someone who doesn't use the journal too, and everything seems fine? What do you think, is it ok?

Peter

Re: No dream journal?

Postby Peter » 15 Jun 2012 22:44

Whatever works for you, some keep them and some dont so if you are getting lucid without then thats great
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 16 Jun 2012 03:52

I'm waaaaaay too lazy to use a dream journal... I project just fine. :)

As Peter said, it's all a personal and unique journey... use/do whatever you feel is necessary.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

LucidKey13

Postby LucidKey13 » 16 Jun 2012 09:01

Dream Journaling usually improves your chances of being lucid but everyone is different. Often, we can remember what we dreamt of when we wake up but throughout the day we forget, or if we don't the dream will only stay in our memory for a short perid of time and won't make it to our long term memory.
"Umbrella can’t stop the rain, But Make Us to stand in Rain.
Confidence May not bring success, But It gives a POWER to face any Challenge."

Peter

Postby Peter » 16 Jun 2012 09:20

Not always, I can remember dreams and plenty of them from more than 40 years ago and also a lot of my recent dreams. Memory is a skill and like anything can be improved.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 16 Jun 2012 20:03

I know it's annoying to write. But I would keep one if I were you. ;)
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 16 Jun 2012 20:17

It helps twofold...

First, it helps you to train your memory to remember more of your non-physical experiences.
Secondly, it helps you to log the experiences so that you'll have a greater chance to recognize your dream symbolism in order to trigger a lucid awareness.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

jamiealexander

Postby jamiealexander » 17 Jun 2012 00:44

I don't journal very much any more.

I have pretty good memory and can remember all the fun stuff. The way I see it, my dream memories feel the same as my waking ones.

I can still remember dreams from years and years back. Have you ever tried meditating then trying to let your dreams come out. They just start popping into your head in a massive flow.

The other night I was flying away from a train and I ended up in space. Suddenly I start getting pulled through space so I just let myself get pulled. I start flying through a few different places where I've had ld's before, but someone is carrying me and I'm just watching from above.

Never stop getting surreal.

jovask8

Postby jovask8 » 17 Jun 2012 03:36

Ehh.. i guess it will be better to continue journaling again.... Even if i can pretty remember...

Peter

Postby Peter » 17 Jun 2012 04:32

make it easy on yourself, keep a journel in a simple way, just memory jogs and some simple detail. I do this if I want to reacall later or if I am in a hurry, they go like this,

Car, driving fast, crash (question, lucid)

People, noise, getting annoyed, looked at person next to me, funny eyes, looked again, question - lucid

You only need some simple notes to gather key points and this will help with reality checks in dreams.

Return to “For Beginners”