"Lucid" Short Film

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Chrispy

"Lucid" Short Film

Postby Chrispy » 08 Jun 2012 13:46

Hey everybody! I'm Chris, a filmmaker, and my next project is going to be on the topic of Lucid dreaming. We're currently writing the script and we estimate it'll be about 10 - 15 minutes long. As far as the plot, it will mainly involve a Lucid Dreamer that loses control of his dreams and his dream characters start trying to hinder his ability to LD.

For the story we're going to need some off-the-wall, incredibly unique experiences for the main character to go through while he's in his dreams. I've already added in what I've experienced, but I'd like some more input from other Lucid Dreamers. So...if anyone has any odd, scary, funny, crazy, unique, or bizarre stories they'd like to share, let me know!

Also, if we decide to use your experience, or any aspect of it, we'll be sure to give you a special thanks in the credits. (I'll PM you if we use it and ask how you'd like to be credited - whether it be member name on here or real name.)

If you'd like to stay up-to-date on the production of the film or would like to know more about our company, you can go to our Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/PowellMediaPro

Thanks!
There is no spoon.

torakrubik

Re: "Lucid" Short Film

Postby torakrubik » 08 Jun 2012 22:29

I had a seriously trippy dream a while back, where i was trapped inside a video game with samuel L jackson...There was ultra colourful blocks and platforms and huge, extravagant weaponry with which to battle all these characters that appeared out of nowhere...including a disturbingly pixelated character named Fred....:P
Dreaming is my drug

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » 10 Jun 2012 08:48

lol, I can only dream of affording Samuel L. Jackson to be in my movie. :lol:
There is no spoon.

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 16 Jun 2012 20:05

Make the characters be lying, back stabbing, evil people. They will try to trick the main character.
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Shadow

Postby Shadow » 16 Jun 2012 20:46

Maybe the dream characters could develop awarness and try to trap the dreamer so that the lucid dream never ends :shock:

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » 16 Jun 2012 21:37

Shadow wrote:Maybe the dream characters could develop awarness and try to trap the dreamer so that the lucid dream never ends :shock:

Haha, you and I think a lot alike! His "Dream Girlfriend" in the movie is actually going to try and do this.
There is no spoon.

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » 01 Jul 2012 00:41

Anyone else? :)
There is no spoon.

Jeff

Postby Jeff » 01 Jul 2012 06:06

Maybe a person who enters a coma whilst lucid dreaming, and the dreaming endures for the entirety of the coma, where he builds an amazing world in which he is the god. This could be represented in a montage-type style, showcasing the major events in building his utopia.

And, of course, the inability to cope with actual reality when he finally awakes from the coma.

Not sure if the concept is physically possible, but I find it to be quite intriguing for speculation.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. – Mahatma Gandhi

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 01 Jul 2012 21:18

Jeff wrote:Maybe a person who enters a coma whilst lucid dreaming, and the dreaming endures for the entirety of the coma, where he builds an amazing world in which he is the god. This could be represented in a montage-type style, showcasing the major events in building his utopia.

And, of course, the inability to cope with actual reality when he finally awakes from the coma.

Not sure if the concept is physically possible, but I find it to be quite intriguing for speculation.

I really like that idea. Even though the main character would be very depressed when they woke up.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”