SnorlaxDreamer - Introduction

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
SnorlaxDreamer

SnorlaxDreamer - Introduction

Postby SnorlaxDreamer » 17 Jun 2012 12:56

Well. Hello!

My name is Jon, and I'm 16 years old. I've read up on alot of lucid dreaming, and with no training at all, I got my first lucid dream about 4 days ago. It wasn't stable at all, mostly because I'm not well trained, so I basicly fell out of the dream again, and woke up. Now I really want to get into becoming a lucid dreamer, because I want to live out stuff I can't do in the real world. This might be (and I might sound girly) casting spells, fly on a broom or even visit Ollivanders - yep, I'm a big Harry Potter fan.
Now what holds me back from attempting to become a good lucid dreamer, is that I've read up about alot of sleep paralysis and OBE. Now OBE seems very cool to me, although it sounds hard to control. Sleep Paralysis is not so cool though. Is there any way to control the fear of a sleep paralysis if you get one, and is there any good tips to it? I may seem like a chicken, but I've talked to some friends of mine which say that the sleep paralysis hallucinations, are ten times worse than your worst nightmare. Maybe they just do it to scare me? Anyway. I hope to learn some good tips and tricks, and get to know some good people in here as well :-)

Sleep well!
- SnorlaxDreamer (Because I sleep like a rock...)
"If I only could see you in my dreams, I would sleep all the time!" <3

Worldenterer1

Re: SnorlaxDreamer - Introduction

Postby Worldenterer1 » 18 Jun 2012 01:45

SnorlaxDreamer wrote: This might be (and I might sound girly) casting spells, fly on a broom or even visit Ollivanders.

Nothing wrong with that.

And don't worry about the SP. It's not bad at all, just a little weird. Forget what others say. 8-)
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

SnorlaxDreamer

Postby SnorlaxDreamer » 18 Jun 2012 12:24

Worldenterer1 wrote:
SnorlaxDreamer wrote: This might be (and I might sound girly) casting spells, fly on a broom or even visit Ollivanders.

Nothing wrong with that.

And don't worry about the SP. It's not bad at all, just a little weird. Forget what others say. 8-)

I've just heard that in sleep paralysis, you hallucinate and most of the times, these hallucinations are stuff that will scare your really bad. Is it different from person to person? How does the sleep paralysis feel also? I'm not sure if I would like it, since I'm claustrophobic, and I hate not being able to move. Might relax when I get paralyzed, or not even regonize it? :)

WildCat23

Postby WildCat23 » 18 Jun 2012 18:02

SnorlaxDreamer wrote:
Worldenterer1 wrote:

Nothing wrong with that.

I've just heard that in sleep paralysis, you hallucinate and most of the times, these hallucinations are stuff that will scare your really bad. Is it different from person to person? How does the sleep paralysis feel also? I'm not sure if I would like it, since I'm claustrophobic, and I hate not being able to move. Might relax when I get paralyzed, or not even regonize it? :)

Apparently, it's exactly like you think its going to be.
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

houseofleaves

Postby houseofleaves » 19 Jun 2012 02:44

Apparently, it's exactly like you think its going to be.

I agree. It's similar to people who are experimenting with psychedelics for the first time. If you spend all your time worrying about having a bad first trip, you're going to have a bad trip. Just try to let go of your fear, and if you do have an unpleasant experience, just remember not to panic.
"The madman is a waking dreamer." -Immanuel Kant

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 19 Jun 2012 03:20

Just don't worry about it and it works fine.
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

SnorlaxDreamer

Postby SnorlaxDreamer » 19 Jun 2012 15:30

Thanks guys! I'll remember that! I'll think about it being a magically trip! :-D

Return to “For Beginners”