Aliens

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
WildCat23

Aliens

Postby WildCat23 » 16 Jun 2012 03:19

I had a dream where my house was being invaded by aliens. I was the only one that could fight them off. I used an aluminum pole. Weird huh? The weirdest part, I was going matrix on them.
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

Worldenterer1

Re: Aliens

Postby Worldenterer1 » 16 Jun 2012 20:17

Cool
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

WildCat23

Postby WildCat23 » 16 Jun 2012 22:40

It WAS kinda fun. If I had been lucid, oh man, I would have realized they weren't real and had a lot of fun.
~2112

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 17 Jun 2012 22:49

If you went bar matrix on them... that would have been damn fun. Sometimes I find you can do cooler stuff in non lucid dreams because you are such a different person in a way.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

WildCat23

Postby WildCat23 » 18 Jun 2012 02:45

Yeah I woke up and was like :shock: . That's literally how I felt. I've also had dreams where I used shotguns against them before. Too bad I always run out of ammo...
~2112

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 18 Jun 2012 03:07

I love when you don't know that you're dreaming, but you can still make decisions.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 18 Jun 2012 05:54

Hard, sometimes I think you can actually take something out of those dreams to find out what you would do in those situations, or at least how you would feel in those situations. I mean if you think its real in a dream, then when you wake up you know how you would actually feel should that situation have happened in real life and you thought it was real... if that makes sense.

In otherwords, you can get a better idea of how you would react or feel about a situation from acting it out in a dream rather than just thinking about it.

I think thats why death dreams are so interesting, dreams where im falling off a cliff and know im dieing give me an insight as to how I am going to feel when I die.

However this whole argument that they are insightful may have a flaw, I am not always my present self in a dream. Sometimes I will be a few years younger, or I will simply be in a different state of mind, il just be a different person. I guess this leads way for an interesting question.

Are our feelings and reactions to dream scenarios accurate representations of our true feelings about that situation? In other words, say that situation was actually happening for real in waking life, would we actually act out that situation in the same way and feel the same, or are we different in waking life, our brain chemistry is different to how we are when we are sleeping.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 19 Jun 2012 03:29

Yeah!

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”