Is lucid dreaming scary?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Dreamsatchel

Is lucid dreaming scary?

Postby Dreamsatchel » 18 Jun 2012 21:15

Every time I try WILD I start to freak out and immediately wake up because of the things that I have read. I have read that you can get paralyzed and feel a weight on your chest along with loud noises? I Just don't want anything freaky to happen but I want to try it so bad. Also, I am new so hi everyone!
Recently started a blog at dreamsatchel.com
Still can't lucid dream

SnorlaxDreamer

Re: Is lucid dreaming scary?

Postby SnorlaxDreamer » 18 Jun 2012 21:49

If you're new to lucid dreaming, I suggest not using the WILD method, but instead the DILD method, which can later be turned into a MILD method. DILD includes reality checks and dream journals, that might help you induce a lucid dream inside your dreams. WILD is for more trained lucid dreamers, where you transition from awake, to asleep while keeping a hold on your concious. My first experience with DILD, was actually quite good. I started to fly, but then I got too excited and woke up (You can read that in the "Share your Lucid Dreams!" section).

-Snorlax.
"If I only could see you in my dreams, I would sleep all the time!" <3

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 19 Jun 2012 00:15

Dreamsatchel wrote:Every time I try WILD I start to freak out and immediately wake up because of the things that I have read. I have read that you can get paralyzed and feel a weight on your chest along with loud noises? I Just don't want anything freaky to happen but I want to try it so bad. Also, I am new so hi everyone!

First, let's educate you a bit! :)

You get "paralyzed" each and every night of your life. It's a biological function which keeps you from "acting out your dreams". What people refer to here is consciously becoming aware of it. It's safe and normal. :)

The "feeling a weight on your chest" is the usual description for consciously experiencing your body relaxing and falling asleep while your mind is wide awake.

There's nothing to be afraid of in these regards... they're just "new experiences" for you to have! :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 19 Jun 2012 03:20

No. Not really.
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Return to “For Beginners”