I have a MIND, I have a BODY, but what is a SOUL?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Peter

Re: I have a MIND, I have a BODY, but what is a SOUL?

Postby Peter » 19 Jun 2012 08:48

Data does but not a human soul - here we go again
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Jun 2012 18:37

Shadow wrote:Your soul is what leaves your body when you die. Sure our bodies will grow old and wither and turn to dust but our soul is eternal. Your soul is purely you. That's why we should get right with Jesus. :mrgreen:

Yeah, that's it. :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Peter

Postby Peter » 20 Jun 2012 21:21

Interesting but I refuse to live my life in fear of death so Jesus does not figure in my world.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Shadow

Postby Shadow » 21 Jun 2012 09:45

Peter wrote:Interesting but I refuse to live my life in fear of death so Jesus does not figure in my world.

Christians or believiers don't fear death. Phillippians 1:21 says "To live is Christ and to die is gain"
I don't fear death. Jesus promised us a better place. A place without pain or sickness.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 21 Jun 2012 10:20

Exactly, you dont fear death because you believe that everything will be justified in the afterlife. Without Jesus, would you fear death?
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

rothgar

Postby rothgar » 22 Jun 2012 02:58

I believe the soul is the part of me that is self-aware. I believe it transcends the physical reality we are in. God created reality in His mind, and it has rules and consequences. We can do a similar creation with lucid dreaming but less rules and consequences. We wake up from our dreams to reality, which in itself is Gods dream.. When we end our part in this dream of reality we will wake up to eternity... The true reality.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Peter

Postby Peter » 22 Jun 2012 03:42

What always interests me is that I have a different view and dont want god or anything else in my world. I accept that you view is yours and am happy to do so, it is a belief system like mine and that is fine. What always bothers me is when it is stated as fact and becomes the only way or the right way and there is no room for debate on this issue. Most people have dreams of gods and beings and form beliefs from this, I have plenty but tell the beings to go away as I dont want them. They are not welcome in my world and I consider them to be a great pain. I marched a priest out of a house and down the drive and threw him out of my dream house a few nights back.

When we die we might know a little more or we might not. All of our experiences and beliefs are formed in a living body and so what I want, what I believe just might prove difficult in a dead body.

rothgar

Postby rothgar » 22 Jun 2012 13:30

The reality is, what we choose to believe doesnt really matter, does it? (except in your dreams). What is actually true is all that matters.

Peter

Postby Peter » 22 Jun 2012 15:32

yes, that is my point that what we believe and what is true might have no relationship to each other. The beliefs are fine and they are personal and will lead us in some given direction but the truth is another issue and as we change our beliefs change but possibly the truth in whatever context that means most likely wont.

rothgar

Postby rothgar » 23 Jun 2012 00:34

Right on!

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”