What kind of movement is OK when using the WILD technique?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
livierae12

What kind of movement is OK when using the WILD technique?

Postby livierae12 » 21 Jun 2012 16:20

So whenever i wake up around 4:30 am to use WILD/WBTB technique, i always have trouble with it.
i usually stay still and relax, waiting for Hypnagogic state to come in. My only problem is that i will need to swallow but try my best not to. making my mouth extremely dry and making me loose my attention. :(
is it ok to do basic movements like that, or should i just try to stay still all around??
LiViE RaE ;)
*Dream on*

Peter

Re: What kind of movement is OK when using the WILD techniqu

Postby Peter » 21 Jun 2012 21:13

Do what you need to, these are all normal and natural and need to be dealt with. In any night you will do all of these things and still go to sleep and in a WILD you are attempting to let you body go to sleep and keep you mind awake so you could run with the idea that they will help with that. I think there is more distraction in trying to resist the urges that in simply dealing with them, if you feel it is a real issue try a slightly raised pillow that will make a real differance and you can also wait until you feel you are close and then roll on to your side and you wont suffer the urge to swallow. It is possible to WILD in any position so dont get to hung up on the "correct" way and see what will work for you.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

torakrubik

Re: What kind of movement is OK when using the WILD techniqu

Postby torakrubik » 22 Jun 2012 21:58

I agree with Peter - you will have a higher chance of success by not concentrating too much on the distractions. Swallow or turn over if you need to...and just relax. You'll know when you are about to enter the dreamworld.
Dreaming is my drug

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”