Regular dream seemed like a game ?

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
SGraham

Regular dream seemed like a game ?

Postby SGraham » 21 Jun 2012 20:11

I had this dream last night and it was almost like a game. i'm partialy posting because iwant to tell the dream partialy want to see if other people get this. Ok here it is -

so me and a couple other guys were in a german WWII compound or something and they did this thing were they would sound a bell and then we would have to hide from the germans and the last person caught won. so i was like hiding under a bed ( the compound was like a hotel built into a military base) and one came in and was reaching under to check if any one was there so i had to move very carfully in order to not get caught. it sounds really scary but it wasnt it felt more like a game of hide and seek as apossed to a scary thing like evading enemy capture.

At one point i tried to sneek threw a kitchen but all the cooks saw me and were throwing knifes and wisks and stuff at me. ( i might add , even though i only did this once, it was one of those dreams were you could of swore you had done it many times before ) any way i ended up being last one caught i still like had to surender , well not really it is like at end of level in video games when even though you win you get captured in the cut scene. so yeah i won but then it went to like a cut scene and( i no longer had control of my body i was more like just watching threw my eyes )and i walked down a set of stairs and opened a door. as soon as i opened it a bunch of the germans caught me. then i woke up.
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

Jack Reacher

Re: Regular dream seemed like a game ?

Postby Jack Reacher » 21 Jun 2012 23:25

I just had a very similar dream, it was a dream where I thought I was having a lucid dream, but I wasnt. So basically in the dream I had no control over it really, but I thought I did, it was almost like I was watching a character who thought he was lucid dreaming, but it wasnt really me, because on reflection after waking up it felt nothing like a lucid dream.

Anyway the dream was me and my mates playing black ops inside a mansion, without a controller. Basically we had guns, it was like hide and seek, we were hunting each other and stuff. I had duel pythons and it felt very vivid, it was interesting because I had to manually reload them just by clicking it. I would have one python pointing at one door and another pointing at the other door, and I would move aruond the mansion real slowly.

At the end we started teaming up and I betrayed everyone at the end. On my friends deathbed I remember saying "You know why I dont really care, why I betrayed you? Because this is all a dream"... then I walked off and tried to fly into space, but couldnt quite get out of the earths atmosphere.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

SGraham

Postby SGraham » 22 Jun 2012 00:07

That sounds pretty awseome ! any way a little off topic but when you said it felt like a LD while in it but upon waking you realized you had no control, I have those all the time. would that be a semi lucid dream ?
How do you define real ?

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 22 Jun 2012 06:50

No idea what to call them, I dont really bother classifying what is an LD or semi LD or even bother classifying the techniques used.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Jul 2012 20:32

SGraham wrote: all the cooks saw me and were throwing knifes and wisks and stuff at me

If the knives don't hurt you the WHISKS CERTAINLY WILL! Whisks are dangerous! :lol:

But I have had dreams like that too. It's almost semi-lucid because you know there are no serious consequences. You know it is not real like a game, but don't remember who you are in real life.

At one point you where just 'watching' the game. I get 3rd person dreams too in which I feel like I am watching it like a movie or a t.v. and am not a part of it. Then it progresses and I am in it again, but just know that it is all fun and games and not real.

Only afterward do I realize how ridiculous it was and never became aware. But it was fun and maybe that is why I didn't want it to change.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

SGraham

Postby SGraham » 08 Jul 2012 17:33

HAGART wrote:But I have had dreams like that too. It's almost semi-lucid because you know there are no serious consequences. You know it is not real like a game, but don't remember who you are in real life.
another weird thing about the dream is it was one of those dreams that felt like i have done it several times before even though im certain i've only had the dream once.
How do you define real ?

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”