Interesting conversation with dream pursuers

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
TransSonic

Interesting conversation with dream pursuers

Postby TransSonic » 22 Jun 2012 19:29

Lately I've been having some real success in using WBTB to induce lucid dreams, where probably about 60-70% of the time I'll attain lucidity or at least recall a very vivid dream. The following exchange took place during one such experiment.

A DC and I were being chased through a maze of warehouses by a trio of armed soldiers. I don't know who she was, where we were going or why we were being chased, but I got the distinct feeling she was leading me somewhere. We made it out of the warehouses into a large open field. On the opposite side I could see a town, street lamps still glittering in the predawn light.

"C'mon!" the DC yelled, waving towards the town. I ran after her, taking large bounds as the soldiers yelled behind us. I stumbed and fell over-

Which made me stop. Running in huge bounds has been a dream sign of mine for a long time, and stumbling or falling over has been a new one that I've noticed popping up lately. It was enough to make me wonder, 'Am I dreaming?' I looked down at my hand...

Sure enough, six morphing fingers. I'm dreaming.

I stood up and quickly rubbed my hands together, increasing the clarity as my DC companion yelled "What are you doing? Run!"

"I got this!" I called back to her, and felt an immense sense of power rush through my body as I held my hands out in front of me, brightening with blue balls of pure energy. "Oh yeah," I thought to myself, "I'm gonna blast these dudes into next Tues-"

I stopped again. There's a better way to handle this, I thought, recalling what I had read about confronting dream pursuers. The energy faded from my hands and I ran back towards the soldiers. I stretched my arms, Lanky Kong-style, and wrapped them around the trio, pulling them into a football huddle.

"Hey!" I yelled. "Why are you chasing me?"

At first the soldiers looked stunned and confused, as if they didn't expect me to be talking to them at all. Eventually one of them regained their composure. "We're not chasing YOU." he said, annoyed, "We're chasing HER." he pointed to the DC I'd been running with.

I looked back at her, and she stared at me with wide eyes, as though to say "what the hell are you doing?" "Why?" I asked turning back to the soldiers.

He shrugged. "Because that's what we're meant to do."

"Oh." I said, loosening my hold on them slightly. "Well, there's not much sense in doing that anymore, is there?" I asked, the implication being I'm dreaming and I know it, and I can change things here if I want to.

The soldier frowned and looked at his two compatriots, who just looked back with a shrug. "No." he said finally, lowering his head.

"Alright." I said, letting them go. I turned my back and they were gone.

My DC companion came over and took my hand in hers. "Thanks." she said, smiling.

"Sure thing!" I replied. "It's just a dream, after all." she seemed to know what I meant. We walked the rest of the way into the town and I lost lucidity shortly afterwards.

What struck me as odd in this dream was that I automatically assumed the soldiers were chasing me, and I was actually very surprised by their response. Looking back, I realize now that I should have asked them to explain when they mentioned that they were just doing "what they were meant to do", but I guess I'll never find out.

So I'll put this question to you all: have you ever had a similar situation where your DCs were not focused on you? Have you ever encountered a similar response? What do you think he meant? I have my own theory, but I'd love to hear other people's opinions as well.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Peter

Re: Interesting conversation with dream pursuers

Postby Peter » 23 Jun 2012 07:30

I tend to look at it from a different point in that when you start to lose the playing effect, games, wars etc and do as you did then you are raising you level of interaction with the dreamworld and will gain new insights and new understanding. I have had plenty of conversations with DC and some good some rubbish and some insightful but think this is all second to respecting and understanding the dream world and moving deeper into it.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 27 Jun 2012 00:53

cool
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 27 Jun 2012 03:27

what do you do when you do WBTB? Id like to see if it works for me. When I tried it I would wake up at 3 am and stay up for 30 minutes reading through my dreams in my dream journal and studying WBTB technique on my 3DS' internet and I'd go to sleep trying MILD(I do WILD in the middle of the night now). When I did this I started having trouble remembering my dreams.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

TransSonic

Postby TransSonic » 27 Jun 2012 21:02

Peter wrote:I tend to look at it from a different point in that when you start to lose the playing effect, games, wars etc and do as you did then you are raising you level of interaction with the dreamworld and will gain new insights and new understanding. I have had plenty of conversations with DC and some good some rubbish and some insightful but think this is all second to respecting and understanding the dream world and moving deeper into it.

Good point, Peter. As gratifying as it would have been to vaporize those guys or send them rocketing off into the horizon, I'm much happier I ended up talking to them instead. I'm trying to do that more often to see what insights they have into my deeper self, and to see if they can help me become and remain lucid more often.

Also, to answer Guitar48300's question, I usually do a WBTB by setting an alarm to wake me up around 4 hours and 45 minutes after I fall asleep. That tends to be a good time for me since work can sometimes prevent me from getting a full 8 hours of sleep if I have to wake up early, but everyone has a different sleep cycle, so keep experimenting until you find the right interval. Once I wake up, I spend about half an hour or so either reading LD related material or, recently, grinding levels in Pokemon :P After that, I try WILDing for probably about 20 minutes, after which it either works or I get bored and just go back to sleep. That technique gives me a DILD about 70% of the time though, so it might be worth it to try out anyway.

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask anything else.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Peter

Postby Peter » 27 Jun 2012 21:18

I am keen to explore the dream world and get past the dreams if possible and think that as I get more mature in the dreamworld I get the same effect in real life. I dont seek out the DC but do have 4 that have appeared over my life. They find me and challange me at times, I am debating the issue of seeking them out but most likely wont as they are nearby most times. I tend to follow my feelings in a dream and it has served me well so far.

I rarely get violent in a dream but will at times as in life I wont accept being a victim.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”