New from MN, USA

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
SaraM2261

New from MN, USA

Postby SaraM2261 » 19 Jun 2011 17:27

Hi everyone!
I read a book when I was about 12 years old on lucid dreaming and I found it quite easy at that time. I just remembered about that and want to do it again. :) The only thing I did back then was start a dream journal and do reality checks like reading and looking at clocks and trying to dial phones. In fact, I got so good at it all would have to do is ask my self "Am I dreaming," and I would instantly become lucid in my dreams.

I am 33 now, so I am hoping it will be that easy again. I almost always remember at least one dream per night just normally. I also have spontaneous lucid dreams every once in a great while. So I am going to start asking myself constantly if I am dreaming now and see what happens.

Glad I found this forum and site. So much great information.
Looking forward to chatting about dreams.

I do remember that I had a few glitches before, like lapsing back into unconscious dreaming, and then having to bring the lucidity back, and also waking up during a lucid dream. They were rare occurrences, but frustrating. Like flying around no problem and then suddenly floating back to the ground and not really being able to fly even though I was still fairly lucid. So, if that happens again I will surely post here and seek out help because I am sure I am not alone. (Yea for internet forums!!!)

Rebecca
Site Admin

Re: New from MN, USA

Postby Rebecca » 21 Jun 2011 08:35

Hi Sara

Welcome and thanks for sharing your background!

I am sure you will find some good tips here. Have you read about increasing your lucidity in dreams when you start to feel your awareness slipping away? This was a major breakthrough for me.
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-stay-lucid.html

Looking forward to hearing more about your next wave of lucid dreams... 8-)

Jonathan

Re: New from MN, USA

Postby Jonathan » 21 Jun 2011 23:49

Welcome to the forum, Sara. Sounds like you've already got a good amount of experience.

Return to “For Beginners”