Hello from Rebecca at World of Lucid Dreaming

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Site Admin

Hello from Rebecca at World of Lucid Dreaming

Postby Rebecca » 25 Apr 2011 06:35

Hi everyone

Welcome to the World of Lucid Dreaming Forum!

My name is Rebecca Turner and I'm the creator of World of Lucid Dreaming.

The website is now three years old, with over 100,000 monthly visitors and over 2,000 Facebook Fans. I decided it was time to launch a dedicated forum.

This is the place to discuss everything lucid dream related. There is a wealth of information and tutorials over at the main website but I know that everyone has very specific and unique questions about their lucid dream exploits. This is the place to ask.

For all new readers, please Register and Introduce Yourself. No need to be a lurker here :D

Thanks very much for taking part in our Lucid Dream Forum and I hope to see you around soon...

Best wishes

PS - A Word About Myself - Taken from About The Author

The earliest dream I can remember is when I was 4 or 5 years old.

I fell asleep in front of the TV one afternoon watching a Tom & Jerry cartoon... and had an exceptionally long, vivid dream about a cat chasing a mouse. Even more bizarrely, the entire dream was in cartoon.

I woke up confused, unsure of what had been a dream and what was real. The transition into dreaming was barely noticeable.

Growing up, I was fascinated by science, psychology and the dreaming mind. I discovered lucid dreaming in a magazine article when I was 14. I couldn't quite believe it was actually possible to become conscious inside the dream world.

I had to try it for myself. So over the following weeks I studied lucid dreaming and read about it as much as I could. Then, using beginner techniques, I had my very first lucid dream. Here is an edited excerpt from my lucid dream diary:

"I'm standing in an empty white room, which is completely bare like a new house. The complete lack of detail makes me curious... What is this place? Suddenly, I realize: this is a dream!

The room surges into focus. I become self aware: conscious of my body and its place in the dream world. I do my reality check and feel my fingers push right through the palm of my hand. I'm lucid!

I am so excited, I run out the door, looking for someone to tell. I find a woman who I don't recognize and shout in her face. "I'm dreaming! I'm dreaming!" I'm so excited, I accidentally wake myself up."

It was like a light switch had turned on in my head. Suddenly I existed in a new, alternate reality, in which anything I could conceive of came true.

What was this phantom place?

The Alternate Reality Dream World

At first, I was stunned by the realism of my dream reality - and then overjoyed by the realization that I could control and direct my awareness in the dream!

I practiced more lucid dreaming techniques - reality checks, self hypnosis, and visualizations from Stephen LaBerge's superb Exploring The World of Lucid Dreaming. Sometimes I had several lucid dreams per week. Other times, I had nothing for two or three months. It was anything but consistent.

But when I had real lucid dreams... they were totally worth it!

In lucid dreams, I know I am dreaming and increase the intensity of the dream at will. I can see, hear, feel, taste and smell everything as vividly as waking life.

I can create my own scenery, teleport to anywhere in the universe, interact with dream figures and speak directly to my subconscious mind.

Here's another memorable lucid experience, produced by an ancient Tibetan technique similar to the modern method of Wake Induced Lucid Dreams (WILD):

"As I fall asleep, lying on my back and totally relaxed, I imagine a white sandy beach in my mind's eye. I put myself in the scene and start to place every detail as I become completely mesmerized. After a few minutes, I lose all awareness of physical reality and I "pop" into the dreamscape.

I'm standing on the beach in a vivid 3D landscape, my toes sinking into the soft, white sand. I feel completely calm and at peace with myself, without a care in the world. As I look out across the sparkling ocean, I have an urge to soar over the surface and take a big leap towards the sea.

I pick up speed as I fly over the surface of the ocean like a bird. The water is deep blue and shimmering in the sunlight. I dip my hands in and relish the feeling of the cool water running between my fingers. The dream forms automatically beyond my awareness. It is really happening.

I start to hear beautiful music coming from my subconscious mind; a man singing to an acoustic guitar, backed by many layers of strings. The music captures the beauty of the dream perfectly. I am in paradise."

Lucid dreams really are something else. In other guided dreams, I have:

:arrow: Spoken with my subconscious mind to resolve inner conflicts
:arrow: Teleported across the world to visit other people in my dreams
:arrow: Traveled into the distant past and observed ancient man
:arrow: Flown high over New York City at night hand-in-hand with my partner
:arrow: Rocketed through the universe at impossible speeds

And I'm not alone - there are millions of people who have these flights of fancy. I hope that just a small fraction of them will find their way to this Forum and share their lucid experiences with the rest of us....

Sweet dreams!

Re: Hello from Rebecca at World of Lucid Dreaming

Postby laurawsome » 25 Apr 2011 09:37

First of all, I love your site Rebecca! (I'm also following on facebook :-)) Second of all, my name is Laura, I'm from Belguim and I love lucid dreaming.
I've been lucid dreaming for almost 2 years now. But I'm still a beginner, beacuse in these 2 years I only had like a handfull of lucid dreams. So I'm still working on it :P

Postby sauron7 » 26 Apr 2011 01:35

hey Rebecca , i'm Sethie and i love your site! its helped me allot. i still have a little bit of trouble with the wild approach to dreaming but besides that my dreaming experience has sky rocketed. thanks to you bedtime has now become my favorite part of the day :D keep up the good work XD

Postby livie12 » 26 Apr 2011 02:25

hello! im thirteen and i have always had an interest in dreaming. now ever since i heard about lucid dreaming, i have been searching for some websites. i couldn't find anything until i found world of lucid dreaming.com. this is by far the best website i have ever been on for information on lucid dreaming! i have had many lucid dreams thanks to your help!!! :D

Postby Ilaezha » 26 Apr 2011 02:49

Hello, all!
Rebecca, I love this site and the information has proven to be very useful. :) Thanks!
I'm Samantha and I'm relatively new at lucid dreaming; I started learning about it almost a year ago, and I've read lots about it because the dream world and the science of the sleeping body and brain is just fascinating to me. So far I've only had four lucid dreams, but I haven't been practicing reality checks and keeping a dream journal consistently because of my school schedule. I plan to get right back into it this summer!

Postby Apescio » 26 Apr 2011 03:13

Well hello. I discovered this site a few months ago, and I feel very excited about lucid dreaming 8), I hope that with concentration and practice I will master the technique, and share my experience with you, cause now I'm taking it seriously! Special thanks to you, Rebecca, keep working on it!
Hypnos worshiper.

Postby Jonathan » 26 Apr 2011 05:35

Hey Rebecca, wow, has it been three years already? I remember when your site was still pretty new, way even before Steve Pavlina interviewed you about it.

Fred Tracy

Postby Fred Tracy » 26 Apr 2011 06:14

Yay, I'm super happy for your new forums! Congrats Rebecca. :) :D

Personal Development with Fred Tracy

Postby Donna » 26 Apr 2011 08:22

Hi Rebecca, I've been following you on Facebook as well and decided I'd join your forum. I've had quite a few lucid dreams and OOBEs (which I think are a variation thereof) since I began actively attempting about 5 years ago. They've been variable in quality and fairly challenging to induce, despite the fact that I've had spontaneous LDs since childhood. Anyway, looking forward to exposure to new methods and other people's experiences and insights in these fora.

Postby brunoM » 26 Apr 2011 10:12

my name is Bruno, I've always been interested in Lucid Dreaming but it's only since I attended a lucid dreaming workshop with Charlie Morey in London a few months ago, where I learnt a few techniques, that I started to practice towards lucid dreaming. I find it quite difficult at the moment. I've only had a couple of very short lucidity moments which quickly ended up in waking up. I'm pretty good with dream diaries though and can remember more than 1 dream per night. I know that remembering dreams is a start, so I just need to continue the process I guess.

Rebecca it's great, thanks to you I can now share my experiences and see what others have been up to in this fascinating new experience.

Return to “For Beginners”