Difference between WILD and astral projection?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
leechesleeches

Difference between WILD and astral projection?

Postby leechesleeches » 20 Jun 2012 16:30

Hopefully this question doesn't sound too stupid...
Last night I finally decided to try the WILD technique for the first time, rather than just going to bed and hoping to go lucid. I read up on it and noticed that the technique seems almost exactly the same as in astral projection, which I spent a while about a year ago trying (and never managed) to do.
Anyway, once I got into it my entire body started vibrating, which I had experienced when trying to project but never anywhere near as strong as that - I actually got quite scared by it and my heart was beating really fast! My eyes also started moving uncontrollably, which i'm guessing was REM? The patterns on my eyelids became really intense and I could almost feel myself going into them as if I was going through a tunnel. It seems to me like I got close to achieving it but fear stopped me somehow.
But my question is: what is the difference between the two if both can be achieved using the same technique? Or is AP simply a lucid dream?

torakrubik

Re: Difference between WILD and astral projection?

Postby torakrubik » 20 Jun 2012 21:10

Personally i don't think there is any difference between them. An AP is simply a particular type of WILD experience. However it is very hard to prove this.
Dreaming is my drug

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 22 Jun 2012 08:32

WILDs take you to a lucid dream that occurs in your head, APs apparently take you into an astral plane where you can walk around in reality as a ghost or whatever. APs are all in your head and that the world you experience is made up of your expectations
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Peter

Postby Peter » 22 Jun 2012 09:26

I have had a lot of each and to me they end up in the same place just entries are different.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 24 Jun 2012 23:34

Through my own experiences, where I've found myself lucid in a dream and increased my awareness to the point to how it is right now (fully awake), I can tell you that Lucid Dreams and Astral Projections are quite the same thing. I've done this transition of awareness *many* times... enough to prove to myself.

I can say this with absolute certainty... however, I can't prove it to you beyond my own anecdotal evidence.

Also, don't get caught up in "locations" or "planes"... just enjoy the experience of not being tied down to the physical.

In the end... for myself it works like this: Dream = Lucid Dream = OBE = Astral Projection = Phasing = Whatever other term you want to use for exploring the non-physical.
There is one connection between all of those experiences and what differentiates how they "feel"... and it's how consciously aware you are during them.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 25 Jun 2012 19:21

torakrubik wrote:Personally i don't think there is any difference between them. An AP is simply a particular type of WILD experience. However it is very hard to prove this.

I concur. Same thing. For me there is only lucid dreaming. Astral projection is a belief-centric interpretation of a WILD. In the end, it is like some people saying that dreams happen when the soul travels to the land of the dead. They are just ideas that have no firm grounds whatsoever.

In answer to the topic's question: no difference. The first term is founded in pragmatism while the second one is purely suppositional and anecdotal. The Theosophist/Spiritualist/New Age premise is responsible for popularising the latter term.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Peter

Postby Peter » 25 Jun 2012 21:04

adding to this If I use HI to enter a WILD it is likely to be a direct entry to a dream scene and If I use body sensing then it is most likely that I will form up an energy body and get up and walk across my room, out the doors or windows and then fly into a dream and this is an OBE
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”