Greetings everyone!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Jeff

Greetings everyone!

Postby Jeff » 25 Jun 2012 18:02

Hey there everyone, i'm Jeff.

I've been attempting Lucid Dreaming for the past few weeks, and have stuck with it quite seriously. I tried it previously a few months ago, but quickly became discouraged. I've since then had the desire to try it again. My dream recall has improved, but I only remember one dream a night, and lately, it's even become difficult to remember one anyway. I keep a dream journal, do my share of reality checks, and I practice the WILD technique before going to bed, but keep up with the MILD requirements in hopes that it can take effect if WILD fails. I haven't had any luck with either, with the exception of one night.

I was walking through what appeared to be a grocery store, but it was very white, almost like it was fading out or something. I realized that this couldn't be real, and came to be self-aware. In my excitement, I woke up.

WILD hasn't provided anything yet, but the meditation, and time with my mind at night is quite exciting in it's own. My problem with WILD is that I don't really know how to use the hypnagogia state. In my eyelids, I see black and grey dots arranged in geometrical patterns, such as swirls, or rectangles. Sometimes, it feels like I daydream, and I get what I think should be the detachment of the mind from body. I don't know what to do with it, because it seems like whenever I tell myself that this part of the process, I snap out of the daydream. But when it comes to visualizing the dream state, should I be visualizing it in my eyelids, or my mind?

In short, any ideas or comments that can help me out would be appreciative. Ask me questions if need be, and I'd be glad for the feedback.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. – Mahatma Gandhi

Peeps

Re: Greetings everyone!

Postby Peeps » 26 Jun 2012 04:21

I trouble with the hypnagogia state when practicing WILDs as well. When I first start to experience it, I get rather excited, or nervous, or scared, and open my eyes. Dream recall is easier than meditation for me, but if you're good at meditation, have you tried self-hypnosis? I haven't succeeded with it yet, but I've been trying.

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/self-hypnosis.html

Jeff

Re: Greetings everyone!

Postby Jeff » 26 Jun 2012 21:19

Thanks for the suggestion, Peeps!

I'll have to research into it, I think that might make it more effective. I'd like to try it, but I think that I haven't been in the right physical state to be achieving lucidity, lately. I've been moving into my new home, and I think that's just made me want to go to sleep, and minimize my time with lucid dreaming. I've kept up meditating, and reality checks, I just think I'm too tired at nights to fully relax.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. – Mahatma Gandhi

Return to “For Beginners”