Found something I like as much as flying: Lucid Swimming

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Peter

Re: Found something I like as much as flying: Lucid Swimming

Postby Peter » 04 Mar 2012 07:28

its a crazy concept and I cant work it out, I am good with LD and knowing my body is in the bed or where ever (I have LD on long plane trips) and dont give it to much thougth anymore but I do struggle with the OBE sensations if my entry is going that way. The number of times I want to peek to see if the sheets are really being lifted by my legs rising up is silly, I dont normally peak but the will on not peeking is as bad a looking I think as they both destroy the moment.
Back to where you started and its mind blowing for real and the more I LD the more so, it has not lost anything over the years as I feel the realm is unbounded and will expand as out skils devlop
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Arcadian

Postby Arcadian » 19 Mar 2012 00:59

lucidinthe sky wrote:I had the most incredible lucid dream this morning where I was swimming or rather floating around in a swimming pool. Unlike all of my other lucid dreams, I didn't just pop into the scene, but watched this one form out of nothing. I was aware that it was arising purely from a desire, not from my conscious thought process. My thoughts were separate and still going on, but not were not creating or controlling the dream. But I knew for sure that I was creating it.

So I went into the pool face down and looked into the sunlit water below with my head submerged. The undulating shades of blue and white color in water was just beautiful to watch. I wasn't aware that I was breathing or not while I was under the water. I just floated around, half submerged and face down, moving my arms gently through the water. The water was the perfect temperature and it felt so fantastic, so completely real! I just couldn't get over it. It was the most amazing thing I've ever done in a lucid dream. Every sensation of being in the water was absolutely prefect, it felt so wonderful, unimaginable. It was definitely better than the real thing, and I am serious. I remember thinking about whether my arms would be flailing around in bed while I was moving them in the water, but decided they wouldn't be. I kept thinking "I'm in bed right now sleeping, but no I'm not, I'm in a swimming pool swimming. This is crazy!"

I would highly recommend trying to do this in a lucid dream if you can. Nothing against flying, that's fun too, but the water was so wonderful and felt so healing.

I saw this thread about a week ago and made a note to try swimming in my next LD. Well the other night I found myself lucid on a beach. Past the ocean was a beautiful purple and orange sunset. It was quite unnatural, but it was awesomely vivid. I started to fly towards it, but about 100 yards up I started to doubt my flying abilities and I began falling down to the water. I remembered my intention to try swimming while in a LD, so I accepted my fall and braced for the impact. The water was cold, and it felt empty, like it was a mixture of water and air if that makes sense. Very little resistance. The more I swam the more I just wanted to get out. It really bothered me for some reason. It was not the peaceful experience that you described lol. I swam to the bank and carried on with my LD. Anyway, just wanted to tell you about my swimming experience
False Awakening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii6DArXj2V0

Check out more videos on my Youtube page!

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 20 Mar 2012 06:00

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe it will happen differently for you some other time.

I think there was a certain amount of luck involved in my experience and it could have easily gone a different way as yours did. It also was a very unique lucid dream in that I watched it form out of nothing, just one of those special lucid dreams. Hopefully it will repeat at some point.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

itooktheredpill

Postby itooktheredpill » 19 May 2012 00:38

That sounds amazing! I was wondering if when you could see fish in the water. I'd like to try to ride a dolphin. Wish me luck! :D

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 21 May 2012 06:42

It was in a swimming pool so I didn't look for fish. Hopefully I will get to swim in the ocean some time and see them. I still remember how incredible that dream was, actually it didn't even seem like a dream because I went into it immediately from being awake and it felt like I was still awake, but was obviously dreaming. At first, I could feel myself creating the whole thing, not directly but with the intention. Just making it happen. The way the water felt was completely authentic, everything was. Had to just keep feeling it, feeling the resistance and pressure of the water against my skin as I waved my arms through it. Wondering what my real arms were doing and thinking about my body still lying in bed. The whole day I kept thinking "How could that have happened?" It wasn't like a dream, it was something that happened.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Fran

Postby Fran » 25 Jun 2012 22:08

I love the idea about thinking about your body in bed! That has never occurred to me before.
I love the feeling of breathing underwater. It is like I can feel my real body and my dream self at the same time

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”