Avatar: The Last Airbender abilities

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
DAZ_XT950

Avatar: The Last Airbender abilities

Postby DAZ_XT950 » 28 Jun 2012 19:55

Hi everybody.

Recently, i have been watching a show that I used to watch on T.V. when I was younger. The show is called Avatar: The Last Airbender. If you do not know of this show, I strongly recommend that you watch it (the cartoon series, not the movie).

On the show, many of the characters have the ability to bend their home element (water for people born in the water tribes, earth for people born in the earth kingdom, fire for people born in the fire nation and air for people born in the air temples). What this means is that they can move and control their home element through use of their spiritual energy. In the show, there is an individual who can bend all four elements, he is known as the Avatar. Here is the opening scene to the first episode so you can see what I am talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CggapZLtWdo

The main reason for this post is that in the past two weeks, I have had three dreams that have been directly related to this show as I have had the abilities of the characters on the show. In two of these dreams I have been lucid and have been able to earthbend and in the normal dream I was able to firebend a little.

I feel that to get better at using these abilities, I will have to train in future lucid dreams which will be very fun in my opinion.

I want to know if anyone on this forum is also a fan of the show and has attempted to use these abilities in their dreams.

Also, for the people who are not fans of the show, I suggest you watch a few episodes and attempt to use the abilities of the characters in the show as it is really fun (probably the best thing I have ever done while dreaming).

moonlitStroll

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender abilities

Postby moonlitStroll » 28 Jun 2012 20:35

Ohh! I love Avatar! :DD

I once had a dream I could air bend, but only for a little while! It was cool! :33

Peter

Postby Peter » 29 Jun 2012 05:08

That was wicked, I will try to get the set on DVD if I can.

I have used fire in the from of energy and projected this at targets, picked up rocks and had them dissolve into energy and fill my body, stopped tornadoes from attacking me. I have not done anything with water yet, it would be cool if the creator of the series was a dreamer.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

MikeCirka

Postby MikeCirka » 29 Jun 2012 20:05

Just watched the season finale of Legend of Korra a few days ago, and my first thought was immediately:

"The first thing I'm doing when I have my first lucid dream is being the Avatar!" XD

Shadow

Postby Shadow » 30 Jun 2012 10:47

Love avatar ! Thats my next dream mission to air bend :D

Maxrules14

Postby Maxrules14 » 10 Jul 2012 09:58

This is so funny! I remember having a normal dream, and I was earth-bending. it was sick X3
In Darkness there is Light.

Peter

Postby Peter » 11 Jul 2012 08:41

Just ordered a few of the DVD's
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

DAZ_XT950

Postby DAZ_XT950 » 12 Jul 2012 21:44

Sounds good peter. I'm sure you will enjoy the show :D

Peter

Postby Peter » 12 Jul 2012 23:19

Think so and there are heaps of them. I run out of Star Trek after and need something to fill the gap

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Jul 2012 02:45

I mentioned this show in some of my posts when I was discussing what comes naturally to us and what element can you 'bend'?

In a lucid dream, I am an earth bender and a water bender. But, for the life of me, I can't make fire or lightning or create tornadoes, and I can't fly very well.

It is fun to form a ball of water from a lake and turn it into ice and chuck it at people. Or raise small mountainous spires from the ground and then play on them. I can terraform quite easily, but I can't fire bend or air bend.

But it appears others can with ease. I'm sure with practice we can all manipulate all the elements in a lucid dream, but do certain elements come naturally to some and not to others? (of course they are not true elements but mental blocks that may be a clue to our personalities)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”