Do you believe in a multiverse?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

Do you believe in the Multiverse theory?

Yeah
68%
No man thats wack
11%
I stay away from belief discussions as I dont fully understand the concept yet
14%
...Multiverse theory?
7%

Total votes: 28

Ty8200

Re: Do you believe in a multiverse?

Postby Ty8200 » 01 Jul 2012 01:17

Summerlander wrote:Something is nothing and nothing is something

You'd think my statement above is somewhat paradoxical, or nonsensical even but something rings true. Read it forwards and backwards and it is exactly the same.

Indeed, anything could be said about anything

Anything about said be could anything
Anything about said be could same
About anything said could be same

Nah, it doesn't work...

I'm sorry, I'm just messing :mrgreen:

ps. somewhere I need to believe that I'm Jigsaw or Darth Vader.

Oh, it's SL again... Right on time to twist my words around. What a surprise :roll: Let me give it a try...

1+1=2
2+1=3
3+1=4

Guess what, every single equation equals numbers that are below 5. Lets reverse them...

2+1=1?
3+1=2?
4+1=3?

LOOK AT THAT! No matter what, the number 1 is ALWAYS in the middle. Fascinating.

I'm just messing with you, too, 'ol chap!
Reality is the sight, where reflection is the truth.
Water is the glass, where deception is the stone.
Reality is the cage, where limit is the lock.
Mind is the key, where only the blind can see.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 01 Jul 2012 02:50

The secoset of equations needs a negative charge:

2-1=1
3-1=2
4-1=3

There. Einstein's got nothing on you.

Sorry, I had to post this. It's funny. I'm in a strange mood today. Off my trolley and loving it I am... :mrgreen:

Back to the multiverse chitchat... :mrgreen:

What if our universe is a cell inside, say, someone's brain...

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Ty8200

Postby Ty8200 » 01 Jul 2012 03:21

Sorry, I had to post this. It's funny. I'm in a strange mood today. Off my trolley and loving it I am... :mrgreen:

Haha, so am I! Must be something to do with subatomic explosions inside the 4th universe.

What if our universe is a cell inside, say, someone's brain...

I bet you it is...

SGraham

Postby SGraham » 01 Jul 2012 07:05

this is kinda a little sub topic within the multiverse debate but i was wondering, do you think that our universe is infinite or finite. i have had some serious debates with my friends conserning the size of the universe so im curious to hear your guy's opinion
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 01 Jul 2012 07:41

Well since I believe in multiverse, I woul dsay finite. Infinite doesnt really make sense in physical terms. Do you mean infinitely large or small?

If large, that kinda contradicts the Big Bang Theory. I mean Big Bang means it started from a singularity and expanded up till the present, I fail to see how it could expand from a singularity to infinity by now. I tihnk it has infinite limits to expand in though...

As for multiverse theory, I think the multiverse is infinite, including infinite multiverses and so on...
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

SGraham

Postby SGraham » 01 Jul 2012 17:17

Jack Reacher wrote:I fail to see how it could expand from a singularity to infinity by now. I tihnk it has infinite limits to expand in though...
yeah that's exactly what i thought, because inifinite is kinda unexpresable in physical terms. But another more interesting question what lies on the edge of the universe. . . my guess is not a resturant. . . no but seriously, i have always wonderd if there was a physical barier or if it is more like there just isnt exsistance beyond that point if you get my meening .
How do you define real ?

Peter

Postby Peter » 01 Jul 2012 20:25

infinite is more a way of saying I dont understand or cant understand and so really a useless word. It is a concept more than a reality and it will be a nice day when we can throw it out of our language
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Ty8200

Postby Ty8200 » 01 Jul 2012 23:40

Peter wrote:infinite is more a way of saying I dont understand or cant understand and so really a useless word. It is a concept more than a reality and it will be a nice day when we can throw it out of our language

So are you saying you understand the size of our universe? Who's to say it never ends? The whole concept is rather useless if you're going to use that logic.

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 02 Jul 2012 12:24

I do believe in a multiverse. i imagine them very weird and strange and having all possibilities. something like parallel universes. im not sure about our universe being finite or infinite. my guess would be infinite because we are an expanding universe and we are going to keep expanding, occupying more empty space. but then again who knows for sure. :geek:
What is your definition of reality?

SGraham

Postby SGraham » 02 Jul 2012 18:16

dreamerinmiami wrote:my guess would be infinite because we are an expanding universe and we are going to keep expanding, occupying more empty space. but then again who knows for sure.

ah yes well if the universe is expanding than it would inherintly have to be finite because if it is infinite it canot expand. and because of what we now about the redshift effect we know the universe is expanding
so baisicly expanding universe=finite universe.
How do you define real ?

Return to “Off-Topic”