Uses for Lucid Dreaming in Life

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
core

Uses for Lucid Dreaming in Life

Postby core » 01 Jul 2012 15:18

Hello everyone, I'm new!

I have a question for you guys, it may sound weird but: are their use for lucid dreaming in real life?

If yes, is it possible to explain this to me?

Thanks in advance :)

Core

Ryan

Re: Uses for Lucid Dreaming in Life

Postby Ryan » 01 Jul 2012 16:12

Yes, you can use what you experience to grow spiritually to become a better person in this physical reality. That is, in my opinion, the goal of this life. To move yourself more towards becoming Love.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

core

Postby core » 01 Jul 2012 16:53

That is very interesting, can you give more concrete examples?

Is it also possible to use it for other things? Like learning things such as parkour, math, ...

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 01 Jul 2012 19:28

Spiritual growth is kind of an intangible concept which has to be experienced.

Can you use it to learn other things? Sure, I really don't see why not.
However, you're time while non-physical is usually very limited... and using it to learn "math", just doesn't seem the best use of the knowledge of the universe. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Peter

Postby Peter » 01 Jul 2012 20:23

The ability to become lucid is a state and so in itself not useful unless you apply it so it is no use getting lucid in a dream and learning, creating and exploring if you dont take the overall attitude as well as the growth and learn to become lucid in daily life as well. The difference in how you feel between a vivid dream and a lucid dream can be applied to waking life and you can experience this world in a better way.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 01 Jul 2012 21:15

I see lucid dreaming as a valuable mental skill that is very useful when you want to entertain yourself.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

davdfoge

Postby davdfoge » 02 Jul 2012 12:43

Hello everyone,
I registered today only, i have no experience on lucid dreaming, once just got aware in my dream for couple of seconds. But i really want to do it once, and i know this forum can definitely help me. :D

David

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 02 Jul 2012 13:05

Guys, check this book out! Lots of examples of how you can use lucid dreaming in life:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1726

It's Robert Waggoner's Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self.

I also recommend LaBerge's Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

SGraham

Postby SGraham » 02 Jul 2012 22:20

i wouldn't exactly say its useful as far as building skills, but i find lucid dreams "useful" because they really allow you to augment your life in general. think about it anything that you wouldn't do in real life because of fear of danger you can do in a LD. also things that you couldnt to at all because of there lack of bieng physicaly possible i.e. flying un-aided , using portals , morphing into other creatures.
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

rothgar

Postby rothgar » 05 Jul 2012 00:52

I think it has helped me, personally. One, I dont get bored with life like I think we all do at times. When stuck in some mundane situation I practice reality checks and consider what exciting thing to do in my next LD which is hopefully that night. Two, going to bed is seen as a beginning of exploration not the end of a day. I feel I get more out of life. Three, fear of death is much less since a spiritual existance without a body has already been experienced. Four, I question reality more which means dumb rules dont hamper me as much as before. And frankly I can be more forgiving and less envious... heck, I consider LDs a priceless gift others who have more physically would envy me for, if the understood what I can do... its like having a super power!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”