wild technique

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
RedEightBall

Re: wild technique

Postby RedEightBall » 17 Jun 2011 01:48

I'm so close to doing a complete WILD that I could simply jump 10 feet high! I have sleep paralysis very often... when I have a night where I have SP then I know that it will happen MANY times until I decide to get up and walk around a bit. The SP crawls in and I feel the pressure on my body, but then I hear the noise. I can't really describe it, but it's a noise that I can only hear in my head and as the noise gets louder the more pressure I feel. As much as I try to tell myself to relax and just go with it I always end up backing out by trying to move my physical body. This would freak me out as I could NOT move my body... but I'm use to it now and I'm patient to wait and just wiggle my toes to wake my body up.

Two nights ago I had an intense transition stage and I was able to convince myself that I'm safe. My body is safe and in my bed. When I realized that I was safe, I was able to lift my hands, but they looked different. They looked "staticky" like I was looking at them through a broken television. I realized that I was moving my dream body. This only lasted a few seconds before I woke up again.

This are happening and my skepticism for WILD is going away. I want to include RC in my everyday life and make WILD happen for me.
Tony

Peter

Postby Peter » 17 Jun 2011 02:40

sometimes I can drop into a dream with WILD and it wil be a nice transition and I am fully aware of the change. Other times it comes with a lot of feeling and varying intensity and SP. Also when waiting or trying I sometimes miss the point of change after trying so hard to relax and enter the dream state while awake. A while back I was on the verge of a WILD, body sensations indicating it was going to be via and OBE and I fell out of bed. I was annoyed as I felt foolish sliding out of bed and hitting the floor with a thump and wondered if I had woken my partner up as well. I was on the floor looking around and thinking a bit and realized I was in a dream and had missed the entry, It started as an OBE and with awareness just became a dream. Alway amazes me the variety of entries and instants of entry that occur. Had a nice dream, found my girlfriend and took her hand and went flying into the air for a while and then we went into solid rock to see the insides that were full of crystals

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Ancient

Postby Ancient » 22 Jun 2011 06:43

Had a brief WILD the other day. I had been up for a few hours and was still feeling a little sleepy, so I decided to try a WBTB/WILD.

I laid down and relaxed, counting down from 100 saying 100- I am lucid...99-I am lucid.. etc.
I began losing track of where I was around 75, so I decided to start creating a dreamscape. I began building a visual imaging of my yard, and then placed myself in it. I flew around for a bit, and at times would really sink into it and could feel everything and see everything in great detail. Then I would lose focus and things would become blurry. This sort of thing continued for a while until I told myself to wake up.

What I really needed to do here was relax myself more. I was beginning to WILD, but my mind was still too alert. I didn't fall completely asleep, and therefore had a difficult time creating a vivid dreamscape. All I need to do next time is practice some deepening techniques and avoid coffee before doing a WBTB. Everything else went flawlessly.
Tool
Sleep
Portal
Gojira
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Am I Dreaming?--------------------------------------------------------- ?gnimaerD I mA

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 23 Jun 2011 16:13

I am trying to have these WILDs. I think I am thinking too much about it because I really want to be able to enter Lucid Dreams at my own will.

Right now I am able to focus on the blackness and geometry behind my eyes. When I start seeing images, it feels more "centered" in my brain and not near my eyes. Is that where the images are supposed to be taking place? They seem more 2-d there though, like a TV screen. I am pretty sure that is my imagination center of my mind and not my dream reality. Any suggestions?

Thanks-
Ryan

livie12

Postby livie12 » 25 Jun 2011 17:15

hi!
i had they same problem as you when i first tried. i couldn't get my brain to relax. but now it sort of comes to me. i think you just need to focus, on not focusing on whats going on and let it happen. and when it does, arrange it so its how you want it!
hope i help!
Livie....:)

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 25 Jun 2011 17:30

livie12 wrote:hi!
i had they same problem as you when i first tried. i couldn't get my brain to relax. but now it sort of comes to me. i think you just need to focus, on not focusing on whats going on and let it happen. and when it does, arrange it so its how you want it!
hope i help!

I think I am scared of falling asleep without consciousness, so when I make myself conscious it removes the images that were forming. You think I should just let myself sleep and hopefully a reality check or something will happen?

livie12

Postby livie12 » 28 Jun 2011 02:19

hi,
no exactly. more like let yourself do the wild but try to keep as much focus as you can! im sort of new to this so you might want to ask a more experienced person. but because your new to this too, i can still share with you! i just try to stay calm and not fidget. and let the brain do its thing. one time right before i SHOULD have lost focus, i started SP and then went into a dream.
keep trying~! :roll:
Livie....:)

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”