First unintentional lucid dream- dream within dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

First unintentional lucid dream- dream within dream

Postby roflmcwaffle » 01 Jul 2012 20:46

Hi, i am 16 years old and one of my friends told me about lucid dreaming about a year ago and i found myself deeply interested in the idea.
I researched the topic and attempted it for about a week, with no success, primarily because of the difficulty i had remembering dreams. I gave up on my dream journal and threw it in the bottom of my dresser for the past 12 months.
That is until last night.
I was having trouble falling asleep and it was 2am, and when i finally started drifting off, i experienced a strange feeling that without even being in a dream yet, i knew i was entering a dream. As the tingling, calming sensation came over me, i found myself in a tiny, square, blurry room. Ralizing i was dreaming, I had read about being able to fly and instantly tried. I began kicking and swimming upwards, climbing very slowly. Then i suddenly realized i didnt have to do that, and put my arms by my side and clenched my abs as i shot upwards. It was the most amazing feeling ever, but i only felt it for a few seconds as i shot straight into the blackness above.
What happened next was freaky. I suddenly "woke up", and i was on the floor in the hallway outside my room spinning in circles on my belly. I was still dreaming, but no longer lucid, and seriously thought that in the proccess of lucid dreaming i ended up there. So then i crawled back into my room, and saw my cat on the floor. When i went to pet her, i actually woke up and was in my bed where i fell asleep. I was breathing hard and my limbs felt weak as though i just lifted weights.
However strange and untintentional my first lucid dream was, I know one thing, and that is that i want to fly again.
thank you! :D

Re: First unintentional lucid dream- dream within dream

Postby Meppe » 02 Jul 2012 06:26

Sounds like a great dream, I also want to fly. And ask the dream some questions.

Try preforming a reality check every time you wake up (I decided that if I'm dreaming I'll push my hand through the wall), and you migth stay Lucid after a false awakening. Also, stay calm. Easier said than done, but otherwise you will wake up.

Postby SnorlaxDreamer » 03 Jul 2012 23:57

This most likely sound like a false awakening, if you said the feeling of awakening felt very realistic. I've not tried that, but I hope to maybe try it out soon. It sounded like a cool experience! I've flied once in a lucid dream, because I were flying WHILE becoming lucid. That was my first lucid experience, and I liked it! Hope you get some lucid dreams running, and stabilize the world! :-D
"If I only could see you in my dreams, I would sleep all the time!" <3

Postby SGraham » 04 Jul 2012 04:06

well you it looks like you had yourself a little inception moment . . . .
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”