First lucid dream! Was I lucid or dreaming of being lucid?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Foxy

First lucid dream! Was I lucid or dreaming of being lucid?

Postby Foxy » 04 Jul 2012 06:20

This is my first ever lucid dream or something very close to it. I was in a room at one of my cousin's house. I started to float up towards the ceiling and just hovering above the ground. Then it hit me! I was thinking to myself, "Wait a minute, I'm hovering, I can fly! That means I'm dreaming!". Then I remember about reading during waking life that I have to stay calm and not get too excited or it will end. I float back to the ground and I was asking a million things to myself of what I should do. I look at my hand and my surrounding to see how realistic everything felt because I remember reading in the waking life that everything becomes extremely vivid and realistic, but it wasn't. Everything was just blurry and hazy. I decided to go outside and float up into the sky. It was day time and I wanted a beautiful night sky, I just waved my arms and it became night! But after like 10 seconds it changed back to day without me even realising. I swooped over the skies for like a minute and then woke up suddenly.

The reason I'm questing if I was lucid or not is because everything was so hazy and dream like. It didn't feel realistic at all. Even though I had like 95% control of everything, it felt like it was a normal dream with random things happening. I would see a pink elephant come out of nowhere and a tree would just pop out and I just dreamt that I was lucid. Like how you dream of being rich but you're not. It's hard to explain. Would this count as a lucid dream?

Intrepid

Re: First lucid dream! Was I lucid or dreaming of being luci

Postby Intrepid » 04 Jul 2012 13:54

It sounds like you became lucid and then it just faded. Perhaps you weren't entirely lucid to begin with given that everything was hazy. This happened to me the other night, too. I became aware that I was dreaming, but the dream just carried on as a normal experience and I didn't act upon my knowledge of it being a dream. Great response by you as far as attempting to change scenery and ask yourself questions though! =)

SnorlaxDreamer

Postby SnorlaxDreamer » 04 Jul 2012 13:56

I can confirm that you were lucid dreaming. Problems is with dreams, they are (as you said) blurry and fuzzy so you have a hard time experience the dream correctly. One trick to make the dreams vivid and realistic, is to look at your hands in the dream and rub them together. Feel the hands become more and more realistic as you rub them together, and see the dream world around you become more and more vivid. If your dream is still standing, you will most likely feel it like a very realistic sensation. Your dream world will look very vivid the more you do it, and the experience (I guess, because I haven't achieved very vivid lucid dreams) is alot better! Hope it helps!
"If I only could see you in my dreams, I would sleep all the time!" <3

SGraham

Postby SGraham » 08 Jul 2012 17:21

Foxy wrote:The reason I'm questing if I was lucid or not is because everything was so hazy and dream like. It didn't feel realistic at all. Even though I had like 95% control of everything, it felt like it was a normal dream with random things happening.

thats a tough one, i have dreams like that all the time. it will feel like a lucid dream while in it, but upon waking ill realize it was really hazy the whole time. id classify it as a semilucid dream
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”