What are your religious views?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

What are your religious views?

Deeply religious - I follow a strict religious code and trust my life to a higher authority
19%
Somewhat religious - I believe in a higher intelligence watching over us
32%
Agnostic - I'm on the fence; you really can't say either way at this time
25%
Atheist - I don't believe there is a higher intelligence watching over us
25%

Total votes: 118

SGraham

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby SGraham » 05 Jul 2012 01:06

Summerlander wrote:If these beings don't die by our hands, they will eventually die - it's just a matter of time.

yeah once i thought about that, i decided that i would remain an omnivore.
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

rdc8214

Postby rdc8214 » 05 Jul 2012 18:52

I love this I can't quit smiling......I might just get back into hunting again.....Ohh and Ty... do you ever get tired of being right? Your so smart and talented at blogging. Just like a good little armchair activist. It's the people who use the land and ALL of it's resources who are out there everyday helping scientists with wildlife management. And animals do just fall from the sky.....One time i needed bait and an as odd as it sounds an eagle dropped me a fish a few yards away. Caught a nice catfish on it, but threw the catfish back. Should i have used the bait? Left it for the eagle? Not cut it up to catch a nice fish? I suppose i should of just went home b/c obviously god was trying to hit me with a fish. I shouldn't of thought that i should stay and fish with the blessing I was given. Poor bait or maybe not? Somebody should find that eagle and tell him he is wasting food. Maybe the eagle had a sudden realization and decided to go vegetarian. Just like the lion who fasts. They should be friends.

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 06 Jul 2012 04:53

Ty8200 wrote: Have you had any luck thinking with portals in a LD, yet?

I wish. I don't know what's wrong, but I haven't been able to lucid dream for months now. :cry:
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 06 Jul 2012 04:54

Ty8200 wrote:It's nice to share ideas, concepts and thoughts, all while respecting one another. Religion based forums can get very heated, so I'm glad this one maintains a good level of civility.

So true! :)
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Ty8200

Postby Ty8200 » 06 Jul 2012 10:49

rdc8214 wrote:I love this I can't quit smiling......I might just get back into hunting again.....Ohh and Ty... do you ever get tired of being right? Your so smart and talented at blogging. Just like a good little armchair activist. It's the people who use the land and ALL of it's resources who are out there everyday helping scientists with wildlife management. And animals do just fall from the sky.....One time i needed bait and an as odd as it sounds an eagle dropped me a fish a few yards away. Caught a nice catfish on it, but threw the catfish back. Should i have used the bait? Left it for the eagle? Not cut it up to catch a nice fish? I suppose i should of just went home b/c obviously god was trying to hit me with a fish. I shouldn't of thought that i should stay and fish with the blessing I was given. Poor bait or maybe not? Somebody should find that eagle and tell him he is wasting food. Maybe the eagle had a sudden realization and decided to go vegetarian. Just like the lion who fasts. They should be friends.

I'm sorry. I communicate with somewhat reasonable people. You don't fall into that area. Your sarcastic, lack witted remarks add nothing to any sort of civilized conversation. You were once a decent person to converse with, to my perception, now that has faded away and revealed the real you. Goodbye.
Last edited by Ty8200 on 06 Jul 2012 11:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reality is the sight, where reflection is the truth.
Water is the glass, where deception is the stone.
Reality is the cage, where limit is the lock.
Mind is the key, where only the blind can see.

Ty8200

Postby Ty8200 » 06 Jul 2012 10:53

Worldenterer1 wrote:
Ty8200 wrote: Have you had any luck thinking with portals in a LD, yet?

I wish. I don't know what's wrong, but I haven't been able to lucid dream for months now. :cry:

Yeah, it's weird. The first time I tried LDing, I got one, like three nights in a row, but they're much harder now. If I really take the time to relax and meditate before falling asleep, however, I'll usually get one. It's getting into that state where you start seeing the colors and patterns in the darkness of your eyelids. It's hard, but if you get there, the chances go way up, in my exp.

Ty8200

Postby Ty8200 » 06 Jul 2012 11:18

Summerlander wrote:We're not getting defensive either, buddy. I can assure you that I don't feel one bit guilty about eating meat. I love it too much and don't see anything wrong with it at all. Do you? Do you also care about not treading on ants on the pavement? If these beings don't die by our hands, they will eventually die - it's just a matter of time.

Everything dies in the end. Personally, I'm more concerned about kids with cancer slowly dying in pain than animals who die quickly in order to feed our species. Besides, nothing wrong with cooking meat - we have evolved enough to be skilful and knowledgeable enough when it comes to heating certain foods and discovering flavours pleasing to our tongues.

I don't think it is fair to attack the human race the way you do either. Sure, we can be assholes and make a lot of mistakes but look at how much we have progressed and what we have accomplished!! You also have to remember that we, above the rest of the species on the planet, stand a better chance at fixing things. We are more advanced and there is no denying it.

I don't mean to attack the human race. I understand we're still deadlocked in a "Survival of the Fittest" episode, and we should really only care about our own species. I get it, but I think it's a valid choice not to eat meat for the sake of respecting animals. We have progressed, I concede 8-) And in saying that, I believe we have progressed far enough to be able to make such choices. People have options now, and I've had many deliciously prepared vegetarian meals, because of this progression. It's not just blocks of tofu and carrots, you know. But I was a meat eater once, so I know that meat can be delicious too. I don't deny that, but I couldn't imagine eating it either, to be honest.

As for the fact that animals will die anyway... Well, the same could be said about people. If people were born for the sake of being food, and it was totally normal, would you eat them? I bet human flesh could taste good with spices and a smoke flavored skin :shock: Yum! I guess my "problem" is that I respect animals as much as I do humans. Perhaps that's why it's hard for some to understand. I know it's not normal, but I'm weird. But I don't think it's a flaw either, so don't pick at it :evil:

And yes, I know it's different. People are people. Most animals don't even eat their own kind. But it's like the same thing for me. I don't expect people to stop eating meat. It'd be nice, if not fantastic, if people and animals could share the planet in harmony, but I don't expect it to happen. Life goes on.

rdc8214

Postby rdc8214 » 06 Jul 2012 19:26

What a surprise, you can't even have the decency or maturity to end without a sarcastic, mocking remark.

LOL

Ty8200

Postby Ty8200 » 07 Jul 2012 02:56

Well, the absence of trolls was nice while it lasted...

SGraham

Postby SGraham » 07 Jul 2012 03:22

Ty8200 wrote:I'm sorry. I communicate with somewhat reasonable people. You don't fall into that area

I need a T- shirt that says that :mrgreen:
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

Return to “Off-Topic”