HOW OFTEN DO YOU DAY DREAM?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Jul 2012 00:09

I day dream sometimes and have mock conversations with Conan O'brien as if I am on his talk show or pretend I am running for president or Primeminister, and I have conversations or 'what if' situations that play out in my head.

Sometimes when I dream, I am like that too, but there are visuals to go along with it. I never realize until after I awaken that I was just basically day dreaming with my eyes closed.

Of course there are deep dreams and lucid dreams that I get all the time too, but sometimes when I go back to sleep in the morning I am just basically day dreaming with my eyes closed.

But I think day dreams while we are awake should not be dismissed or discredited or forgotten. They are important too. Our subconscious never sleeps does it?

I have no question really... just opening a new topic for discussion.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Denmonation

Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU DAY DREAM?

Postby Denmonation » 05 Jul 2012 07:48

I day dream all the time. It's very easy to simply get lost in my thoughts. It also helps me set lucid dream intentions. If I get on a really cool train of thought in a day dream I like to sort of continue that dream at night as a lucid dream.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 06 Jul 2012 00:03

I dont have a car, I prefer to walk a lot so when im shopping or going to uni im usually daydreaming while walking, and I will usually simulate conversations with people or play out scenarios like you do.

Sometimes while reading a book if its really dull I will start daydreaming, same goes for uni while im studying. Now I have to do exercise before studying or reading so that I can concentrate well, because I used to read like a whole page without taking in any information at all, sometimes in movies il watch a few scenes and have to skip back a bit as I fully drifted away.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Arcadian

Postby Arcadian » 06 Jul 2012 02:49

Ha Jack Reacher I know what you mean. I sometimes struggle with day dreaming during certain activities, It depends on how important it is.

I day dream quite frequently, but I think it pays off with dreaming. For example, last night I dreamed I was fighting off a zombie apocalypse with my shotgun and a few friends. It was a long battle and it blended into a series of dreams where It ended with me being the only survival left so I fled from my hold out to travel the wilderness looking for survivors. I've often day-dreamed about these end of the world scenarios so I think daydreaming can help you to have dreams related to your daydreams.
False Awakening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii6DArXj2V0

Check out more videos on my Youtube page!

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 06 Jul 2012 23:43

I wonder why zombie dreams are quite common? I just had one the other night, but it was because I was playing black ops most of the day playing zombies. This actually brings me to another point which I will make a seperate topic for, maybe video games can help control the content of your dream?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Jul 2012 00:40

I'm old school. Sometimes I have DOOM dreams. Remember that game? NO? Maybe I'm just old.... :roll:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 07 Jul 2012 02:11

Also when I was a kid I would daydream loads of the trampoline, they would be so vivid I would pretty much be lucid dreaming, doing stuff like car chases and other matrix stunts. I think it had something to do with bouncing and being active at the same time.

Arcadian

Postby Arcadian » 07 Jul 2012 04:58

HAGART wrote:I'm old school. Sometimes I have DOOM dreams. Remember that game? NO? Maybe I'm just old.... :roll:

LOL. No I don't remember that game HAGART. That's funny.

Jack Reacher, I indeed have had my fair share of black ops zombies. I quit a year ago because it took up too much of my time. Only games I play now (if I even have time for them) are Skyrim and Minecraft. I've had tons of black-ops, halo, and even one bad ass Skyrim dream (or was that Lord of the Rings?). Dunno, but yes I think video games impact dream life. Just today I forgot my backpack at home and didn't realize it till I got to school. I'm a graduating senior at college and still doing that stuff, all because I was day dreaming of whatever it was at the time I walked out the door.
False Awakening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii6DArXj2V0

Check out more videos on my Youtube page!

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 07 Jul 2012 05:02

At uni I was halfway home on the bus and I realised I hadnt handed in my assignment... lucky I was still 2 hours early but fuuuuck...

SGraham

Postby SGraham » 07 Jul 2012 15:35

HAGART wrote:I'm old school. Sometimes I have DOOM dreams. Remember that game? NO? Maybe I'm just old....

:lol: that's hilarious, yes sometimes i find my self having DOOM dreams. once i had a dream were one of the guns in DOOM was a harpoon gun .

any way back on topic : i probably have 10 daydreams per day. they are usually about video games that don't exist but i would like to play.
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”