WILD feedback and help needed...

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
satopnek

WILD feedback and help needed...

Postby satopnek » 04 Jul 2012 12:55

I have been attempting WILD and may be making progress. I just need help getting a little further.

Here is what I am doing. I drink a full glass of water and head to bed around 10 pm. Around 3 am I wake to take care of that water I drank. I return to bed and start working on the WILD. I continue to focus on increasing Hypnogogic Imagery. Eventually I think I feel the vibrations that many talk about accompanied by static images of things (people, scenes, it varies), and sometimes sounds and voices. Once the images and/or sounds start is where everything falls apart; I either become aware and wake up again fully or I just fall asleep.

Am I on the right path? If so what can I do to take this further?

Intrepid

Re: WILD feedback and help needed...

Postby Intrepid » 04 Jul 2012 13:57

Well, hearing the voices/noises is a definite good sign. If you become fully aware again, try counting down from 99-1 calmly and slowly. When you get to 1, count back up to 99. Once you're totally relaxed again, start attempting your Hypnagogic focus again.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 07 Jul 2012 01:14

Honestly, it sounds like you're doing just fine. Completely on the right track.
Keep allowing yourself to drift in and out of that sleep/awake state. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

satopnek

Postby satopnek » 07 Jul 2012 12:39

Well I made more progress last night but with a crutch. I used the glass of water to wake me after several hours of sleep (my wife would never stand for an alarm going off in the middle of the night.) This time I cheated a bit and took 2 calea zacatechichi capsules that I made then returned to bed to attempt WILD.

Soon after time spent relaxing I starting to see the same hypnagogic images (HI) that I have been seeing during other attempts. But, eventually there was a very big change in the HI. I felt like I may have slipped in and out of sleep when the HI really changed to a "swirl" of both very dark and very light images. This view seemed to melt away during another episode of slipping in and out of sleep (quite an amazing feeling.) I found my self in the basement of the home I grew up in as a kid. I realized that I was dreaming and started to walk up the stairs. Unfortunately about two stairs into my climb I slipped back to the swirl of HI which shocked me back into full awareness.

I tried to repeat the process but could get nowhere. I breathed, relaxed, counted up and down and sideways and back to 99 but could never really get back to any serious HI; I eventually gave up, rolled over and just went to sleep. Throughout the whole night the only dream I can remember is that 20 or so seconds in the basement.

Questions:

I don't intend to use calea zacatechichi more than once or twice a week every so often. Does the transition to dreaming feel different use calea zacatechichi than it does without or does it feel the same but perhaps easier? I guess it may be different for everyone.

Should I be attempting WILD every night or is some less aggressive schedule better for developing this skill?

Intrepid

Postby Intrepid » 07 Jul 2012 13:45

Attempting every night is perfectly fine, so long as you're using the same patient and steady methods. Trying every night can be very frustrating, especially if you're not seeing results. I haven't had a WILD in months, but I've only been making serious attempts for two or three weeks now. Just analyze what you're experiencing on your journey through each attempt. You should learn a lot and be that much closer to setting yourself up for success. :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

SGraham

Postby SGraham » 09 Jul 2012 16:27

satopnek wrote:I have been attempting WILD and may be making progress. I just need help getting a little further.

Here is what I am doing. I drink a full glass of water and head to bed around 10 pm. Around 3 am I wake to take care of that water I drank. I return to bed and start working on the WILD. I continue to focus on increasing Hypnogogic Imagery. Eventually I think I feel the vibrations that many talk about accompanied by static images of things (people, scenes, it varies), and sometimes sounds and voices. Once the images and/or sounds start is where everything falls apart; I either become aware and wake up again fully or I just fall asleep.

Am I on the right path? If so what can I do to take this further?
It sounds like your doing fine, sticking the "landing" is the hardest part, so just keep it up you'll get it
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 14 Jul 2012 06:22

I agree with the first few comments up top. You are damn close dude! Just keep doing it. The more you do this per week, the better! I was getting pretty close every night for 3 or 4 days but suddenly lost it. Probably due to my sleep schedule and daily activities, work and exercise tiring me out or stressin me, whatever it may be. Keep your daily conditions as consistent as you can and keep at it!
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

satopnek

Postby satopnek » 14 Jul 2012 13:40

Thank you all for the feedback. I have noticed that on nights where I am tired or feeling the pressure of life I do not make it very far into my Wild attempts. I guess I am so tired that I spend a lot of time fighting the urge to fall asleep. So for me it seems my best attempts are from Friday night to Wednesday night.

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 15 Jul 2012 07:06

So after reading this last night, I went to sleep and rolled over onto my side which felt most comfortable for me at the moment. (Rare to do a WILD attempt on my side). I decided to go with counting down from 100 to 0 to try to calm down and induce HI. The HI came before I even got to 50. I tried to lightly influence the HI which went incredibly well ( I used a story concept I am working on, since I am a writer, to guide my HI, it was badass) and then the craziest thing happened. When I got to 1, the switch like went on and suddenly my mind was beginning to head towards the dream world. I call it a Surge, but I'm pretty sure its what is known as Vibrations. Its like I was counting down to lucidity xD I lost focus though cause I always get too excited.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

satopnek

Postby satopnek » 15 Jul 2012 12:46

KylePK, your experience sounds similar to where I get stuck at. Frequently just before I decide my WILD attempt has failed I have a feeling of my HI turning into a tunnel that I am getting sucked into. As soon as it starts it all breaks down and I get extremely aware that I am in bed attempting WILD. After it breaks down I never seem to recover for the night. Perhaps I need to practice meditating my to empty my mind.

One thing that I know I am missing is that I do not really try to paint a dream to enter into. My only WILD success that lasted like 30 seconds put me into the basement of the house I grew up in as a kid. I wonder if my attempts would be more successful with a better plan going into them.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”