What are your religious views?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

What are your religious views?

Deeply religious - I follow a strict religious code and trust my life to a higher authority
19%
Somewhat religious - I believe in a higher intelligence watching over us
32%
Agnostic - I'm on the fence; you really can't say either way at this time
25%
Atheist - I don't believe there is a higher intelligence watching over us
25%

Total votes: 118

Peter

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Peter » 07 Jul 2012 03:25

To all this is not a place to chuck insults small or big to each other. Feel free to put forward thoughts and opinions but not take small jabs at each other.

Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Ty8200

Postby Ty8200 » 07 Jul 2012 13:00

Peter wrote:To all this is not a place to chuck insults small or big to each other. Feel free to put forward thoughts and opinions but not take small jabs at each other.

My apologies. I try not to do such things, but nobody's perfect. I'll try to control myself. :oops:
Reality is the sight, where reflection is the truth.
Water is the glass, where deception is the stone.
Reality is the cage, where limit is the lock.
Mind is the key, where only the blind can see.

Ty8200

Postby Ty8200 » 07 Jul 2012 13:01

SGraham wrote:
Ty8200 wrote:I'm sorry. I communicate with somewhat reasonable people. You don't fall into that area

I need a T- shirt that says that :mrgreen:

:lol:

Peter

Postby Peter » 07 Jul 2012 23:10

All good, its a hot topic that polarizes people

Cheers
Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

SGraham

Postby SGraham » 08 Jul 2012 01:12

Peter wrote:To all this is not a place to chuck insults small or big to each other. Feel free to put forward thoughts and opinions but not take small jabs at each other.

sorry i can some time get a little to caught up in a debate. any way i've noticed some time we get into little tangents and end up just trying to prove the other person wrong, but if we could get a new thread going that would be great. so any thoughts for discusion :?:
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

Ty8200

Postby Ty8200 » 08 Jul 2012 01:58

SGraham wrote:

sorry i can some time get a little to caught up in a debate. any way i've noticed some time we get into little tangents and end up just trying to prove the other person wrong, but if we could get a new thread going that would be great. so any thoughts for discusion :?:

Well, that's what forums are for. Debate, to an extent, is fine. It'll help people understand the views of others and perhaps even open their mind a little. What Peter is talking about is the little feud between me and rdc-something. It got a little out of hand, but it won't happen again.

rdc8214

Postby rdc8214 » 10 Jul 2012 05:49

My apologies. I try not to do such things, but nobody's perfect. I'll try to control myself. :oops:
[/quote]

Apology accepted Ty8200 and thank you for teaching me so much about the quote button. It has really helped me construct my posts.

SGraham

Postby SGraham » 10 Jul 2012 14:35

rdc8214 wrote:Apology accepted Ty8200 and thank you for teaching me so much about the quote button. It has really helped me construct my posts.

apparently rdc8214 didn't catch that first post from peter. seriously can we actualy have a mature debate or something without any of this childishness
How do you define real ?

rdc8214

Postby rdc8214 » 10 Jul 2012 16:23

I did see it and i was only thanking Ty8200 and accepting his apology. Now for your discussion topic...sure i'm full of them. How's euthanasia for a topic and how it applies to religion? I'm a believer that the hippocratic oath has taken over our lives. Since most religion will not allow someone to end their own life, the doctors choose to prolong it. My belief is that they honestly mean well, but who wants to find grandpa with his head on the wall because he didn't want to go to hospice. I think voluntary euthanasia should be allowed, but should be regulated. Sometimes people live too long. My grandmother has alzheimers and has had it for 15 years. Rarely is she seen by any family b/c she just doesn't know anyone. Does anybody here believe the soul is still there? I wonder sometimes if those types of people are more like animals at that point. Enjoy the new thread. 8-)

SGraham

Postby SGraham » 10 Jul 2012 18:45

rdc8214 wrote:Now for your discussion topic...sure i'm full of them. How's euthanasia for a topic and how it applies to religion?

It's my opinion that one should determine the outcome of their life, so if they want to end it thats fine with me.
How do you define real ?

Return to “Off-Topic”