Marijuana and lucid dreaming

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
MauricioBra

Marijuana and lucid dreaming

Postby MauricioBra » 10 Jul 2012 21:03

Hey, guys, I'm another newbie here. So anyway, I've had TWO lucid dreams in my life (well, since I started getting into it, which was about 6 months ago or so) but even one of this two was actually semi-lucid, I really think I haven't lucid dreamed any more beacause after a while I just expect to lucid dream without doing any effort, so I know that's my own fault. The thing is though: I smoke weed pretty often, and I've been wondering wether is this is a positive thing or not for this matter. I really think it is because that's why I got so into meditation, mental vizualization, lucid dreaming... when I'm high it all flows way much better, really, except the lucid dreaming part, cause i don't get to get high and go to bed right away... well, this thing is getting too big already, I'm sure you all got my point by now, so that's all. Marijuana and lucid dreaming... what's the deal?

Peter

Re: Marijuana and lucid dreaming

Postby Peter » 10 Jul 2012 21:17

when I'm high it all flows way much better, really, except the lucid dreaming part

The main effect that week has is to dumb down most senses so anything left seems heightened and the smoker is the only person aware of this. It also kills short term memory and that is essential for dream recall.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

MauricioBra

Postby MauricioBra » 11 Jul 2012 04:55

Well, I don't have a hard time remembering regular dreams (or lucid ones so far), as long as I read a lot about the subject and write down on my dream journal almost every night, but everything you said makes perfect sense, thanks for replying

Peter

Postby Peter » 11 Jul 2012 06:23

It may work for you so keep us posted on how you are going.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

MauricioBra

Postby MauricioBra » 11 Jul 2012 19:40

Yes I will. By the way, how hard is it (usually) to bring back dream characters? This second lucid dream that I had (which lasted for only about 1 minute) there was this amazing woman in it, and Ive been wondering since then how you guys deal with that.

Peter

Postby Peter » 11 Jul 2012 20:00

LOL - Dont try to hard to get them back in the first few dreams just work on stabilizing the dream state. Also it possible that the DC will come back to you

MauricioBra

Postby MauricioBra » 12 Jul 2012 03:22

Got it. To be perfectly honest, I was having a regular dream when that character appeared, but it was regular dream more vivid than the usual, even today i'm able to remember details of it, just after a while it turned to be lucid.

MINDSQUEEZE

Postby MINDSQUEEZE » 17 Jul 2012 23:12

I too was wondering what other people have experienced when smoking weed and dreaming. I smoke it, rather a lot till now but I always had dreams when smoking it, lucid dreams I have just got real into and had my first (very short) last night and I didn't smoke it (and 2 weeks till now I was smoking every night and had a few normal dreams but nothing vivid. I just don't know, I am on detox now and going down the lucid dream road...I want to keep getting better so I am staying off the weed till I can lucid dream well and then smoke it to see if i can still lucid dream.

happy smoking and dreaming to you my friend

MauricioBra

Postby MauricioBra » 18 Jul 2012 19:27

Cool, good to know you're gonna try this experience, so I don't have to haha. I mean, weed has been helping me with a lot of issues, and again, it even happened to lead me to this whole lucid dreaming world. Lately I have had problems to remember regular dreams and I don't even get close to be lucid in the dream but that's cause I've been a little disconnected to it, I don't even write down my dreams anymore, and you know, when I had my 2 lucid dreams months ago I was smoking weed like the usual, so that's why I don't think weed is the responsible for this current situation of mine but I do believe that it lowers my chances to lucid dream as often as somebody who doesn't smoke it. But I'll have to do deal with it and try lucid dream as much as I can anyway, cause I'm not quitting marijuana, no way.
So thanks for the comment, and let me know how this is working for you. Sweet dreams

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 28 Aug 2012 03:31

It effects EVERYONE differently.
My bf gets dreams, and they are crazy ones. But I personally use my smoking to help with my nightmares. When i don't smoke weed, I will have very strong dreams, and most likley be able to go Lucid.
The weed does make you relax a whole lot better, and it will then send you into a more trippy state, and tbh, i dont think its easy to actually be Lucid on the stuff.

Return to “For Beginners”