first flight

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Hinks

first flight

Postby Hinks » 10 Jul 2012 03:56

Hey guys, Brand new here, and haven't really talked about lucid dreaming with many people I know, so pretty stoked! this wasn't my first or last lucid dream, but the first that I flew, and one that has stuck in my head for a year or two with picture perfect clarity. I'll try to keep it short as I can, but I remember basically every little detail, which is weird and awesome, because I have in no way a photographic memory in everyday life.
I was standing in a pitch black public square, with the only light shining down from directly above me, illuminating a circular area around my feet. I was backed against a wall, and I could sense/barely see figures charging towards me, six of them in total. In the darkness I could only see that They all had a generic look, were bald, and from what I could see, had no eyes or mouths. As I watched them run towards me, I was hit by what I can only describe as a wave of consciousness and/or clarity (something I always feel when I become conscious in a dream, and possibly others as well?), and the thought "this is a dream" popped into my head. Without thought I looked up and shot into the sky, with tremendous speed, hand clenched above me like superman haha. As I traveled still higher, I looked down to see the figures that had rushed me, all collide together under the light. I smiled and shot through the sky which was now blue with the light of day.
It felt as real as I could imagine flying to be, and the excitement/ecstasy that came with it was undeniably true. I couldn't get over the fact that I was flying, and let out a yell as I barreled through the clouds. Then all of a sudden, as quickly as I had shot up to the sky, I was falling. Tumbling toward the ground, which now that I thinkg about it, I don't remember seeing at all. I thought to myself, "this is going to hurt!". I hit the ground with such forced that I created a small crater around me, but was unharmed. I stepped out of my dent, and looked around to see I was on a desert cliff face. Before me was what seemed to be a ruined city, a barren wasteland, with only the wind scattering broken earth. This city was modern, and in an angular way, broken in half, with pieces of rebar/frame protruding from its center there was one building that stood out in the sand storm. Dark blue, triangular in shape, with faces slightly round I stared at it for a moment, until something caught the corner of my eye. I wasn't alone! To my left, and on a part of the cliff slightly below me, a figure stood, a shaman, or so I had the feeling at the time. The strange thing is that at the time I didn't really know what a shaman was, or looked like. With green designs, a brown cloak covered the figure from head to toe, so I couldn't see a face. The figure stared out over the city as I had, not looking at me or acknowledging that I was there. I looked at the city once more before waking up.

Intrepid

Re: first flight

Postby Intrepid » 10 Jul 2012 23:23

Great detail. Sounds like it was an epic dream! Thanks for posting :)

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”