Fake Lucid Dream

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
JakeMuzz

Fake Lucid Dream

Postby JakeMuzz » 10 Jul 2012 23:30

Over the past 3 weeks, i have been trying everything possible to become a lucid dreamer.
The only problem i have had is that since i have started practising, i have had no recollection of my dreams, which is odd as i usually remember my dreams pretty well.
Last night was one of the first dreams i have remembered in a while, and it was about lucid dreaming, and i became aware i was dreaming, closed my eyes and changed a number of things.
However, it was slow, and random things happened without me even thinking about it, like i was swimming in a pool and spiders started to come out and bite me.
My question is, what am i doing wrong? My brain obviously knows i am wanting to lucid dream, however, it created a false lucid dream for me to experience.

jmol

Re: Fake Lucid Dream

Postby jmol » 10 Jul 2012 23:44

I can't begin to tell you how many times this has happened to me. It is the most frustrating thing. Sometimes I'll have a dream inside a dream and the second dream will be a fake lucid dream. And sometimes I get what u described. However there is a bright side. Your mind is at least is working towards a lucid dream. Also when I get one of these dreams I find reality checks will really help get you Lucid. So I suggest doing reality check, but you probably are so, do more things in your reality checks and maybe do them more often. Good Luck!
-Jmol

Return to “For Beginners”