First lucid dream- Scary?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
bgmacklem

First lucid dream- Scary?

Postby bgmacklem » 11 Jul 2012 01:07

Hey, I am 14 years old, and I just discovered lucid dreaming,

I had my first lucid dream about a year ago,totally by accident. It was a false awakening- My alarm went off, i got up, brushed teeth, went downstairs, showered... etc, etc. As i got my breakfast, I noticed that I could still hear my alarm. I went upstairs, hit the off button repeatedly, and even uplugged the clock. But the alarm kept running. It was then I realized that i was still asleep, and was hearing my alarm in real life. But instead of the dream collapsing at my lucidity, it stabilized on its own immediately. I was terrified, as I didn't know how to wake up. I just started blinking my eyes repeatedly, and yelled "WAKE UP NOW!!!" and it worked. Since then I have wanted to do it again intentionally, as after the initial fear, I realized that I could probably do whatever I wanted in my dream world. It took a year, but I finally discovered this site...

Anyways, my question is, has anybody else had an experience like this? Or is it a very odd occurrence?
Last edited by bgmacklem on 12 Jul 2012 19:33, edited 1 time in total.
"Dreaming is just a person's excuse to be truly free, once a night."
-Brendan Macklem

Peter

Re: First lucid dream- Scary?

Postby Peter » 11 Jul 2012 03:51

All normal within the realm of Lucid dreaming. happy you had your first experience and good luck with the next one
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

bgmacklem

Postby bgmacklem » 11 Jul 2012 13:39

Ok, Thanks!
"Dreaming is just a person's excuse to be truly free, once a night."
-Brendan Macklem

SGraham

Postby SGraham » 11 Jul 2012 15:39

yeah don't worry about it i've had a few false awakinings before, so dont worry . any way good luck trying to achieve a lucid dream
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”