Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby ImmortalPuffin » 12 Jun 2012 15:18

Hi I just wondered how long is it likely to take before I get a really solid dream recall? I do have a dream journal, I can basically remember 1 dream every night with some details from other dreams.

Postby Donmega » 26 Jun 2012 08:15

Hi, I recently posted in the beginner forum but just found this, so I will copy n paste my previous post in here!

"Hey guys, I'm fairly new to lucid dreaming, but have been giving it a lot of practice for the past few weeks!

I originally looked it up as I was getting sleep paralysis from what I believed to be some stress! I previously heard/read about it in the past but didn't practice it for long, until now!

Usually in the early mornings I can perform Wilds or what would probably be more appropriate, Dream re-entry's/WBTB! I am getting past the vibration stages and inducing the sleep paralysis but am getting stuck at this point! Sometimes I wake up paralysed and also go from there.

Does anyone have some helpful tips as to what I can do once the vibrations have stopped and the sleep paralysis has been induced? ( I see nothing but black at this point) I try to create images or open my dream eyes but It doesn't seem to work. I think my imagination/creativity is a little weak, also I am quite aware of my sleeping body as this point too!

I believe once I get passed this sticking point I will become lucid. Any help will be appreciated, thanks! :)

Postby gamesaucer » 26 Jun 2012 08:34

I've just started practicing improving dream recall using a dream journal. I have a question though: I just started yesterday night, and I have two entries in it, but they are not quite what I would qualify as a "dream".

Basically, I was in a state of almost-sleeping (I could harly feel my own body anymore) and I was presented with strange moving landscapes on top of the blackness of my shut eyes. They felt like dreaming, but they were stationary. I couldn't move around in it, or anything. I think it's more like daydreaming than a normal dream.

I stopped my "daydreaming"-like experience and wrote them down before I forgot them, their memory faded away just as quickly as with a normal dream.

My question: Does this count as a proper "dream recall", and will it help me remembering my lucid dreams, if (when?) they occur? Or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Looked up a few things, apparently it's called hypnagogia. So, is remembering hypnagogia a proper dream recall?
This site is really helping me. I would like to express my thanks here, in my signature.

Postby Meppe » 01 Jul 2012 17:22

I've had one lucid dream that I remember, but I had trouble staying calm enough to stay asleep. Will practicing this help me stay calm when I'm awake aswell?

Postby davdfoge » 02 Jul 2012 13:05

Sorry for the silly question..
I need some help on Lucid dreaming, how can i PM Rebecca?

Postby izoas » 02 Jul 2012 17:33

Firsty I'm 11 and have had (probably) lucid dreams before. Unfortunately at the time I didn't know what a lucid dream I let the dream continue as it would naturally. This, when it happens, leads me to intresting, crazy dreams and often messages from the subconcious I'm meant to notice but too busy fighty off a giant flesh-eating mago to notice. I had a 'lucid' dream once a year or so ago when I returned to a destination I had last seen at around 8 years old :o . I knew I was dreaming but had no knowledge of how to control it (the dream) so I let it continue. The realisation of the fact I could have small amounts of dream control came and I was able to steer the cart leading us through the claustrophobic mine, which was coloured a deep red (another subconcioud message for me to notice?) with sharp pointy things. As we (Can't remember the dream friends with me, but I swear there was a red demon thing trying to kill us) exited the mine, I found the top of awater fall that was right next to the mine entrance, even though it had been far too long a journey to have only travelled that far. To complete my dream I jumped off the waterfall. I must admit that is where my memery halts. As far as i am aware that was the last time I had a dream where I was as lucid as I was. All my dreams have a small amount of lucidity in them, often taking forms of which door to take, even though the outcome will be the same. Do you have any tips for inducing a lucid dream? I must admit I will only be able to fully practice on days I can stay in bed, otherwise I get woken up for school :evil: Oh and what is MILD, WILD and all those other crazy things I'm meant to know?
In reality you are confined to rules. But in your dreams, everything can be as you wish.

Postby ashadow99 » 04 Jul 2012 21:55

Last edited by ashadow99 on 24 Jul 2012 22:20, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Akirah » 10 Jul 2012 23:32

I'm actually going through the same thing as you. I'm 14 too and am scared of all the hallucinations and demon possessions i read about. But like she said, all it takes is being confident and in control of your dreams. I still have to experience it and get used to everything. I've have a few lucid dreams too- i think we're on the same page. My parents think i'm crazy to do any of this though...

Postby Peter » 11 Jul 2012 07:45

I'm actually going through the same thing as you. I'm 14 too and am scared of all the hallucinations and demon possessions i read about.

Those are just someones interpretations of their experience and may be tainted by some belief system so dont be scared off by them. Some of the states or dreams can be intense or scary but always remember they are in you mind and you will be able to put some form of control on them or simply just wake up and they will stop.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Postby Montana » 11 Jul 2012 15:06

Hello There(: Lately, I have become really interested in lucid dreaming. I have started a dream journal, and have been recalling my dreams for the last three nights. I remembered little snippets of the dream the first two nights, but last night, I remembered the full dream. That really got me motivated. Am I doing this correctly, if so, do you have any tips that could enhance and fasten the process? Thank you so much for all of your help.

Return to “For Beginners”