Lucid or not? Help!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
bgmacklem

Lucid or not? Help!

Postby bgmacklem » 12 Jul 2012 20:53

I had dream a couple nights ago in which I became lucid, but I'm not sure fully lucid.

Here is an excerpt from my dream journal:

"He jumps on me, but I turn around to meet him. I get two good punches in, but then my fists become slow, heavy, and difficult to move. because of this, I realize that I am dreaming. My fists become light again. I throw him off of me, and shout "STOP IT! This is MY dream!" Both of them get up, turn around, and leave. I feel the dream collapsing, so I start to rub my hands together, and I say "Clarity now!", but I say it out loud, as I have already woken up."

Was this a true lucid dream that just didn't last very long, or was I only partially lucid? I'm unsure, because I was able to influence the environment, but unable to stabilize the dream.

What do you guys think? (this is my first purposely lucid dream)
"Dreaming is just a person's excuse to be truly free, once a night."
-Brendan Macklem

TalentedDancer

Re: Lucid or not? Help!

Postby TalentedDancer » 12 Jul 2012 21:08

My first lucid dream was similar, and I'm still waiting for a response!

Peter

Postby Peter » 12 Jul 2012 23:32

It was a lucid dream from the description, longer dreams and more clarity will take time and patience to develop so hang in there and keep at it
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

bgmacklem

Postby bgmacklem » 12 Jul 2012 23:45

Alright, great. Progress has been made! :D

I meditated to sleep for the that night, so it would appear that helped. great, thanks!
"Dreaming is just a person's excuse to be truly free, once a night."
-Brendan Macklem

Return to “For Beginners”