Does this count as a lucid dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Does this count as a lucid dream?

Postby Montana » 13 Jul 2012 00:32

About a week or so ago, I became interested in lucid dreaming. I read up on it, watched video's on YouTube anything to learn about lucid dreaming. I began dream journaling, and doing constant reality checks throughout the day. Last night, I think I finally realized I was dreaming, but I'm not sure. My dream went like this: I was at a party, there were and a lot of people around me, so I got claustrophobic. For some reason, I ended up in the bathroom in my basement. I was beside the door, and for some reason, I looked down at my hands. They were white and had more fingers that normal. Immediately, I realized "I'm Dreaming!" and then I woke up. My awakening to Lucidity seemed to have lasted for 3 seconds in the dreamworld. When I woke up, I was pretty disappointed, and I really would like to know if this counts as a Lucid dream? What are some tips to help make this happen again and stay in the dream? Thank you all so much for your assistance! ~ M x :D

Re: Does this count as a lucid dream?

Postby Rucid » 16 Jul 2012 13:21

I'm new to all of this as well but from what I learned I believe you had a lucid dream :D Congrats! Now its time to make them longer

Re: Does this count as a lucid dream?

Postby HAGART » 16 Jul 2012 23:12

Yea that's how lucid dreams can start.
You just need to be patient, let it happen again, and you will become more and more familiar with it each time and learn how to control and prolong them. You gotta be patient though. I lucid dream frequently, but even I can go a week without a lucid dream. But when I do, I have enough experience to stay in it and control it. And there is no other special technique than any other thing in life: Just practice. I remember one person saying it was more like learning a musical instrument than learning to ride a bike. We all have to keep up the practice in order to be so nonchalant about it that it doesn't phase us and we don't get too excited. Adrenaline kills my dreams. I get 3 second lucid dreams too sometimes, but I am never disappointed for long.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Return to “For Beginners”