Never been so scared.

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
Heinrich

Never been so scared.

Postby Heinrich » 13 Jul 2012 05:58

I had a dream last night that was so vivid, so real, I can remember the touch of the other person's leg. I was dreaming that I was in bed with a famous person. She knows of me just as I know of her. She is married and I am married. She is very famous, I'm a has been that was very semi-famous at best.

The Dream

I dreamed I was alone in bed. Then, this person crawled into bed with me. I was shocked. All she was wearing were panties. I knew it was not a lucid dream as I would have had sex with this person if I could have. Instead, I spent much of the dream wondering what she was doing in my bed. (I was that convinced it was real). At one point, she put her leg over my body. I reached down to rub my hand up and down her smooth/slightly stubbled thigh. She smiled at me. I just looked at her with a puzzled look on my face. I asked myself if I was dreaming and a voice in my head said: "How could you feel her leg if this is a dream". I've never had a dream where I could feel and remember texture. I began to touch her breasts. (My apologies for being graphic) I could feel her nipples getting hard. None of this made sense but it was like I was in an intersecting universe.

As I reached towards her panties, all sense of texture disappeared. it was like Christopher Reeves in "Somewhere in time". my dream image started to fall apart like a jigsaw puzzle. I woke up in shock and said "Oh my god". (A phrase I NEVER use, not even OMG) I was breathing really hard. I repeated OMG about 5 times. I couldn't believe how real this dream was. Unlike a lucid dream (Which I have much experience with) I had no desire to return to this dream. It felt like it wasn't a dream.

My wife woke up and I asked her: "Was I talking in my sleep"? She replied: "No". I asked: "Was I touching you"? She said she had her back to me (sleeping). I told her I had just had a dream that didn't seem at all like a dream. She asked me what it was about. All I could say was, I don't want to talk about it.

I really feel like my brain is losing it's ability to tell the difference between the conscious and the subconscious. I wish I could say I enjoyed it, but I woke up in shock. I'm still bothered just thinking about it.

Can anybody help me?

H

Peter

Re: Never been so scared.

Postby Peter » 13 Jul 2012 06:34

Your first experience of a very vivid or lucid dream, now you know why it is always called another reality. Nothing to be scared of as this sort of realism is what people are seeking and finding.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Heinrich

Postby Heinrich » 13 Jul 2012 07:08

Peter,

I love lucid dreaming. In fact, I've mastered the "interupted" lucid dream meaning, I can dream I'm flying, then have my wolf wake me up to go outside; let her out, then go back to the flying dream. I enjoy dreams. I've gotten to the point where I ask myself if I'm dreaming, then once I realize it, I have a "Let's Rock" attitude.

Last night was something totallly different. The woman in my dream I've never dreamed of before. Most of the women I dream of in lucid dreams are strangers or local people. The fact that I couldn't tell I was dreaming classifies this for sure; as a false awakening. (In nature). It bothered me that It was so real, I was in my bed, I felt a woman's stubble on her legs. IT was a days growth. In a lucid dream, you don't notice if a woman shaved that morning or not. In most lucid dreams like flying dreams, You remember the motions. You remember hittting someone. You remember having greaet sex. But I've never had such a High definition picturesque dream. NEVER. In fact, for 3 years, I've been writing my dreams down in a log when I have an interesting dream. Then I go to my dream translater search engine to try and find the meaning of the objects. The only significance of this dream was the authentic feeling of actually being there. If it had been about aliens, I would have sworn I was abducted.

When I say I've never been so scared; I mean I've never been so physically effected by a dream. I've been awaken with sleep paralysis and thought it was a ghost. I've dreamed I was being stabbed and woke with a muscle cramp. But I've never been able ro replay a dream in my head like it was a true life experience. I've never woken up and said: "Where did she go"?

Thanks for your response.

Peter

Postby Peter » 13 Jul 2012 08:32

A few thoughts, first I have never bothered looking for meaning in dreams, if there is one at all it is always very obvious or if I have something to solve that is not going anywhere I have at times put a group together in a LD and talked about this problem and got some answers. What I dont do is chase meaning in abstract dreams.

As for real I would say that for about half of my lucid dreams I cant tell any difference from the dreamscape or real life. I KNOW I am dreaming but have full sensory awareness and it is no different at all or if it is then the dream is a level above for sensory awareness. I expect that you have progressed a little possibly and your SC if that is the term you choose is adding more realism to the dreams. You have at your disposal every feeling you have ever had, sights, touch smell and any detail even at the level of not being aware of taking it in and the SC will build a dream around this or you will ask for a setting or scene and the detail will be there.

As for this women, great dream and most likely as real as real life or even worse maybe more so. Take it as a gift from yourself and next time you are lucid just ask for her to appear.

I will say that I am still shocked at this other world and the feelings that it leaves me with. (shocked in a good way)

Hang in there as if will just get better.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Heinrich

Postby Heinrich » 13 Jul 2012 19:13

When children go through a traumatic incident, one of the therapeutic treatments psychologists use is "Art" to allow the stressed child to externalize and "cope" with what they witnessed.

One of my paradigms of dreaming is that our SC gives us a blank mental canvas to create an imaginary scenario to help us deal with our baggage. I think there is "some" credibility to basic Dream translation. Dreams about houses referring to one's own self is plausible. Yet; I don't think our "Night" dreams are much different from our "Day" dreams. I think the motivation is the same. In our sleep, we're just less inhibited. Psychology often talks about Psycho Therapy and the Chimney effect. If you cover the top of a chimney; the smoke will find a way to escape. Often letting a child color (or colour) a picture of what's on their mind will allow their demons to escape. Dreaming offers this same therapy.

Every thing we do is influenced by our SC. During the day, our conscious mind filters what we say, do or even think. In Dream land, we're allowed to be honest with ourselves. Freud said: "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar". In your dreamland; A cigar may be just a cigar, but it's YOUR cigar and it's there for a reason. Ultimately, you are the author of your dreams.

I just can't figure out why some dreams come as mental thoghts, others as Picasso's and then you have my High Def "I was there" dream. What determines that is anyone's guess.

There's a fine line between a dream and a memory.......... or not?

Peter

Postby Peter » 13 Jul 2012 21:03

Some of the issues I have with dream translation are first that we select the dreams that we think mean something and this is a bias. Secondly we dont remember most of our dreams so how do we know that we are even provided with a correct choice, you might dream of an issue and think that it means something but you might have dreamed several different ways of these events of issues playing out and not recall the rest of them and so have a bias to start with.

I had a conversation with a person that claimed to understand dream signs and I offered to send in some dreams for them, all 13 dreams recorded in one big night. This night contained about 5 separate lucid dreams and all the rest very vivid dreams and all with plots and all meaningful in their own way.

It is an interesting area but too open to abuse and its the most unstable that are open to this abuse at times so I am very weary of it.

I am not dismissing pre-cog dreams, or very obvious dreams that require no interpretation just the random ones that are backed by people desperate to belief in something.

As for colors I agree that color and art are very good, I use posters in training courses to break people out of their shell and to express themselves.

Heinrich

Postby Heinrich » 14 Jul 2012 01:32

We agree 100% on signs. 99% of the time you could say that the "Jack Russell" Terrier in your dream is indicative of inner stress, or low self esteem etc... And the dreamer would respond: "Yeah that's amazing". The problem is you could give the exact same answer about ANYTHING a person dreamed about and solicit the same response.

You are spot on.

I think the only person that can interpret a dream with any degree of accuracy is the dreamer.

Cheers,

Heinrich Bär

Intrepid

Postby Intrepid » 15 Jul 2012 16:31

As for the stubble on her legs, I have experienced that kind of detail. It is not at all unusual for me to remember even the smallest and intricate details of every part of my lucids. This is why I find them to be so amazing. Being able to walk over to a book shelf and pick up any book, read it, feel it, and its all been created in an instant in your mind. The pages may have a certain smell, or appear old or glossy white and new. AND THAT'S JUST ONE BOOK ON A BOOK SHELF IN ONE ROOM OF AN ENTIRE DREAMSCAPE. I love dreams. :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 23 Jul 2012 23:58

Just going back to your original dream Heinrich, this sounds like some false awakenings I've had as a lucid dreamer. They are so real - a phrase that is often overused when we describe vivid and lucid dreams but in this case it is actually an understatement...

I think only lucid dreamers have these kind of intensified false awakenings, and I believe you were semi-lucid because you did stop to ask yourself if you were dreaming. Yet you logically refuted it because of the lifelike level of detail (in essence, this was your failed reality check).

So you were lodged in a unique state of false awakening, unable to become fully lucid yet parts of your conscious brain were activated as they would normally when you wake up for real. But this isn't a "normal" state of dreaming, I'm fairly sure it is an anomaly in the brain, far stranger than most typical lucid dreams (and that's saying something!) And as you know, false awakenings tend to happen more when you lucid dream - but this is a special kind which is especially exciting (or shocking).

If there is a solution it's to habitually perform more practical / foolproof reality checks when you wake up (rather than arguing with yourself, which is unreliable because the dreaming mind doesn't argue so rationally anyway...) This will free you from the confusion and allow you to explore the false awakening in more detail, as a lucid mind.

I have used these vivid false awakenings to become lucid and after that point of acceptance, the dream can become just as surreal as any other. It is no longer bent on mimicking your real world to the point you can't believe the woman simply was never there... Fun stuff.

I'm sure you'll remember this dream vividly for many years, and though it shocked and scared you initially for its ability to mimic reality, this just reveals how powerful the mind can be. You are not crazy. I think you'll come to be in awe of this experience and relish the time it happens to you again...

I'm going to publish this Q&A on the main site too as I think it's especially helpful to prepare other lucid dreamers for this kind of experience: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/am-i-crazy-my-dream-was-so-real.html Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful dream!

Heinrich

Postby Heinrich » 25 Jul 2012 19:28

Rebecca,

Thank you for your kind response. I've been studying dream interpretation for about 6 years now. I've been able to lucid dream most of my life. My parents use to tell me that I would sleep walk as a child. My dreams are so lucid, that sometimes I'm disappointed after I've been awake an hour to realize that I can't really fly. (For me; flying is simply swimming in the air). I've had almost every kind of lucid dream you could imagine. But I've never awakened to reality in such a state of confusion.

I must admit, since this dream; I've gone back to garden variety "semi-lucid" dreaming but I'm starting to visualize everything with better definition. It's almost as if the above dream came with a pair of corrective lenses. I wish I could enjoy my dreams, but knowing what I know about dream symbols; I dream a lot about houses falling apart. Snake dreams. I consider myself lucky to have a flying dream every now and then but I guess my sub-conscious mind isn't feeling as trapped as it use to.

In real life, I'm fighting a freakish, anomaly disease/condition resulting from being born with ribs in my neck. (Just one on each side) But it's been tearing up my nerves and muscles in my neck and shoulders for 10 years now. Needless to say, I dream a lot about houses falling down or being rebuilt. Sometimes I have to tell myself not to dream before I go to sleep. It's getting really tiresome and the dreams are becoming more intense.

Again, Thank you for responding.

Sincerely,

HB

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”