Dieing in dreams

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
Jack Reacher

Dieing in dreams

Postby Jack Reacher » 13 Jul 2012 10:46

Had a very revealing dream the other week I thought I should share. I was looking down a cliff, it was as high as I could imagine it, the drop was just unbelievable. Across the gap was a wire that I had to climb over the ocean and get to the cliff on the other side. So I started crawling across the wire.

I then slipped and was hanging on by my feet. I looked down, I was extremely scared as I thought it was all real and I thought I really was going to die. As I looked down at the ocean below me I just let go. I fell towards the ocean and it seemed to take forever, like a whole minute. I fell through the ocean and even went right into the rocks that were very deep, and then I woke up.

The most interesting thing about the dream was my thoughts that went through my head, I can never express the feelings that went through my head in one post as I truly thought I was goign to die, and I had enough time to think about it. Its quite a strange feeling knowing what its like to think you are about to die. Anyone else had a similar experience, maybe even in real life?
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Peter

Re: Dieing in dreams

Postby Peter » 13 Jul 2012 21:08

In real life I have had one near death exp where I watched myself hit a car on my motor bike when I was younger.

In dreams I have died an awful lot of times and now enjoy this. In dying in a dream once you break the fear and it is very intense you find that you either end up in the void (you talked about this a while back) or end up in another dream. I find that I end up as energy and it is very peaceful and relaxing, then another dream will come along.

In short play around with death in dreams as its just another barrier to break of level to achieve and enjoy
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 14 Jul 2012 23:02

I find at a near-death experience in dreams, i often become lucid (unfortunately getting killed in the process!)
Dreaming is my drug

Peter

Postby Peter » 15 Jul 2012 04:20

Same, if I am lucid at the death point the dream changes in a few ways or if I am not lucid it is a great time to get lucid, a very real reality check - as long as you dont wake up.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Omarsonic9

Postby Omarsonic9 » 05 Aug 2012 21:09

Lets see, I was in a house and there was a big robot who looked like a Transformer 0_0 and he hit me with a big iron thing and I woke up! and felt that it hurt me in real life after that! but not really hard.
It was weird! but EPIC :lol:

Peter

Postby Peter » 05 Aug 2012 21:10

cool

marry1

Postby marry1 » 18 Sep 2012 09:45

Thank you for sharing, i like this.
You can check the hotel details in: http://list-of-hotels.com , and find more atrractions of there from http://attractions.bz .

Tom.H

Postby Tom.H » 26 Dec 2012 10:11

I have actually had two dreams where I knew I was going to die, and you are right: It is a very unique experience.

In the first one I was on a metro station. I had cancer, and knew It was going to kill me in a very painful way very soon. And since I knew that I was going to die anyway I decided to end it, why would I want to live on if there is nothing but pain left to me?
I remember walking around the station, gathering courage, and thinking back on my life. I was grateful for the good and somewhat long life I had lived and the kindness that people had showed me. Then, as a train arrived at the station, I closed my eyes and jumped. And I died, yet I was returned to the world as a ghost, but in a different part of town. I picked up a newspaper someone had dropped on the ground and read it, and in it was the details of my death. They had interviewed my family and friends, and they all understood why I had done it. But they all still missed me, and their words touched me profoundly. And as I was standing there, weeping, I woke up.
In a way this is the worst nightmare I have ever had, the experience of having to take your own life was horrible. :(

The other one was perhaps even more interesting. It was a long dream, but here is the short version: I was an clone agent, who were mass-produced by an government organisation. Yet we were imperfect, and had to be replaced after a few years. I was standing in a line to the small clinic were I was going to be killed. I was strangely calm, I suppose I had been prepared for this all my life. I entered the clinic and told to sit down on a chair. A nurse came with a syringe and told me that I would receive a deadly injection. Now I was beginning to get scared and asked her if there would be any pain. She smiled sadly at me, placed a hand on my shoulder and said "No, none at all". She gave me the injection, and as I felt my body shut down I managed to whisper a "thank you to her", for there were no pain. It actually felt just like falling asleep.
But then something remarkable happened. As I felt my life leaving me something else began to take its place. Alien memories, those of another life, started to fill my head. I was amazed, so there is an afterlife after all! I felt more and more memories arrive, and then sensations of another body began replacing the one that died...and finally, I woke up. I was stunned, had it all been a dream? I had been so sure I was dying and going to heaven or something, but what I though was the afterlife was just my waking life. However I have never experienced waking up like that before, and maybe that is what dying is, just us waking up. ;)

LucidLeon

Postby LucidLeon » 26 Dec 2012 13:17

It's an interesting topic. I don't think I've ever died in my dreams, but I remember one very vivid dream where I had to fight to protect my family, and one of the bad guys pointed a gun to my head and I thought "This is it, I'm going to die", and he shot me. However, I didn't die. I was really confused, I touched the back of my head and looked at my now bloody fingers. I remember my mum told me "He must've shot you with a *something I can't remember* bullet, that's why you didn't die!" but I remained confused for the entire dream. I never became lucid, though :P

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”