Forgetting Reality Checks???

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
bgmacklem

Forgetting Reality Checks???

Postby bgmacklem » 13 Jul 2012 23:11

Ok, so I discovered this site a few days ago, and have since had a (short) lucid dream. However, I am continuously forgetting to do my reality checks! When I do my reality checks, I do them thoroughly. but I only seem to remember them about 3-5 times a day, and I know that's not enough, especially for a beginner. :(

Does anybody have any suggestions for jogging my memory on this, until i am fully in the habit?

(I am 14, if that affects anything.)
"Dreaming is just a person's excuse to be truly free, once a night."
-Brendan Macklem

Danielle<3

Re: Forgetting Reality Checks???

Postby Danielle<3 » 14 Jul 2012 04:31

Hello!
Fellow beginner here! I am 15! I am having the same problem! I have written an L on my hand for Lucid and while that was there I remembered to do them quite frequently. But my new problem is I forget to put a new one on when it fades! I also try to do them every time I do something such as open a door. But that is also quite hard to remember! O.o I hope this helps you a bit!
Dani Loves You! <3

Meppe

Postby Meppe » 14 Jul 2012 13:40

Try making an habit to do them when you're doing something specific, for example walking into your room, getting something to eat or whatever you do frequently.

bgmacklem

Postby bgmacklem » 14 Jul 2012 15:08

Thanks guys! Danielle, the "L" really helped, but like you said, once it rubs off... I need a sharpie!

I will probably try and combine your two suggestions, to see if that helps the effect.
"Dreaming is just a person's excuse to be truly free, once a night."
-Brendan Macklem

Return to “For Beginners”