Problems with achiveing my first lucid dream

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Lovro

Problems with achiveing my first lucid dream

Postby Lovro » 15 Jul 2012 00:00

So I have been into lucid dreaming for about 2-3 weeks, I read about techniques, I did all that is important ( dream recall, reality checks etc...)

I can remember a dream each morning, but I never seem to become lucid in those dreams. My dreams are somehow too basic or real and I can hardly recognise them as dreams.
I mostly dream about everyday activities ( going to school, hanging out with friends, playing, doing sports...) But they are just a wee bit different than reality. Sometimes in my dreams, lets say, I drive my bike down a 10km long road, it is just like reality, but with a slight taste of fiction.

I sleep about 7-10 hours a day.

What am I doing wrong regarding lucidity? Am I missing a thing or two?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Luna4277

Re: Problems with achiveing my first lucid dream

Postby Luna4277 » 08 Aug 2012 05:08

i don't know but thats my issue too. I never have dreams about wild and crazy stuff like flying or time travel (i would love to though). I have dreams about my family and friends, school, and random people i know. Since it's like this, it's like i don't bother to realize its a dream because its no different than regular life. I have had one lucid dream though (lasted about 2 seconds in the middle of an afternoon nap) and all i did was research and change my sleep patterns. You could try that. I was dreaming that i was painting my nails and i looked at my hands and realized that i was dreaming (though there was nothing really different about my hands). From there, I ran out of the room and it faded back into a regular dream.

Shadow

Re: Problems with achiveing my first lucid dream

Postby Shadow » 08 Aug 2012 11:44

Your not doing anything wrong. Everybody is different. Some people might have a lucid dream the 1st night they try it, and some might have it after a month. All your hard work will pay off eventually.

Return to “For Beginners”