Sleep Paralysis story

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Sleep Paralysis story

Postby Shadow » 16 Jul 2012 06:55

So the 1st time I ever had sleep paralysis I had no idea what it was. I was scared out of my mind and didn't know what was going on. I just heard a horrible sinister voice and saw moving shadows on the wall. So I looked it up online and came across this website and some other stuff. I actually just read rebeccas article on alien abductions and how the mind can play some pretty complex tricks on us. So today I was pretty tired and decided to lay down for a nap. The next thing I know I hear the door open. I try to look and see who it is but I can't move. I then hear a low growling voice. I don't remember what it said but it wasn't good. I could feel it walking closer and closer to me then all of a sudden all the information I read came to me. I was smiling on the inside and thought It was funny how my mind was trying to trick me. In rebeccas article she suggests thinking of other warm and happy thoughts. So that's just what I did. I thought of teddy bears and rainbows (lol), and it worked like a charm. After that I just stayed calm and transitioned into a lucid dream :). It was great. Knowledge is power !

Re: Sleep Paralysis story

Postby HAGART » 16 Jul 2012 23:24

Yea that realm between wake and sleep is dictated by emotion isn't it. When I get scared I get REALLY SCARED. If I expect to hear a sinister voice, I HEAR IT! But in that state I have also experienced love and joy and complete relaxation that I never experience in waking life. (not without drugs anyway). And when you ride it into a lucid dream they are the most vivid and intense ones ever.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”