Was this a real LD?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Ivanna

Was this a real LD?

Postby Ivanna » 16 Jul 2012 13:33

OK, so I have been practising the MILD technique for just over 2 weeks now and until last night I had not had any results. But I'm a little confused as to what I actually experienced last night and I was hoping maybe a few of you might be able to help me out?
Well I'll start by explaining the dream and what happened:
Before I went to sleep, I sort of neglected my affirmations and visualizations (which I know are the most important part of the MILD technique, but I was really tired and a bit lazy so I just went straight to sleep).
I don't remember much of the dreams I had earlier on but then I had this really vivid dream about my first day back at school after the holidays. As I was looking into the mirror in my room suddenly something clicked and I thought 'Why am I going back to school already? It's only July...Wait a minuet, I'm dreaming!!!!' and then all of a sudden everything became really vivid as if I was actually stood in my room. But as that happened, I sort of lost balance and it was like the room was spinning. At the same time I was trying to stabilize the dream by rubbing my hands together and by demanding 'Clarity now' and I think that worked, but also trying not to get too excited. After that I sort of remember walking into the living room and having a conversation with my mum.
I'm sorry if this is a bit vague and doesn't make much sense, but that is how I remember it, a little bit patchy and fuzzy like a normal dream. I might be wrong, but I always thought that a LD would be much easier to remember and more clear. Thats mainly what's making wonder if this was a genuine LD and not just me dreaming about having an LD :/ I have dreamt about me having LD's in the past, that is why I'm so dubious.
So here are my questions:
1. Do you think this was a real LD, or just me dreaming about becoming lucid?
2. If it was an LD, how can I go about having my second?

Thank you if you bothered reading this :)
In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own ~ Dumbledore

Rucid

Re: Was this a real LD?

Postby Rucid » 16 Jul 2012 15:24

Sounds like a LD to me as long as you noticed your dreaming while your dreaming it counts :)

Remember I'm just a noob though, im going by what I know :geek:

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 Jul 2012 22:37

YUP. That's a lucid dream alright.
Just not one that you were in full control of that's all.

It started in your room, so it was kind of like a lucid false awakening. Sometimes when I get those I find it hard to walk and lose my balance as if I am drunk. But if I keep my balance and leave the room or turn a corner to change my surroundings it tends to stabalize into a dream version of my house. Then I can choose whether to stay in the house and conjure things, or go outside and explore what my subconscious has in store for me.

I've tried 'clarity now' and it didn't work for me. I think we need to all find our own way of stabelizing our lucid dreams our own way and different things my work for different people. I am still not an expert at stabelizing or making my lucid dreams more vivid at will. I even asked a dream character about what to do and they said, "I don't know." (Probably because I don't know.)

I have dreamed about lucid dreaming too so I know the difference. I've had dreams in which I discuss lucid dreaming with someone and never actually realized I was dreaming myself. It happens.

Whenever you are lucid again, you will become more and more familiar with it, and that is the best way to stablize, prolong, and make the dream more vivid and bend to your will. Simply put: practice makes perfect. How to get a 2nd one, I am not sure. I don't do anything in particular, but it seems the intent or expectation that you will become lucid seems to work.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 17 Jul 2012 00:29

Ivanna wrote:'Why am I going back to school already? It's only July...Wait a minuet, I'm dreaming!!!!'

THAT there is how you know you were at least having a lucid awareness experience.
I'd actually go as far as saying you were astrally aware though. As it sounds like you had more than a basic awareness that you were in the non-physical. You seemed to know exactly who you were. :)

and then all of a sudden everything became really vivid as if I was actually stood in my room. But as that happened, I sort of lost balance and it was like the room was spinning. At the same time I was trying to stabilize the dream by rubbing my hands together and by demanding 'Clarity now' and I think that worked, but also trying not to get too excited.

That's really the key. Stay calm.
Also, to stabilize and strengthen the experience, attempt to bring as much of your awareness into the environment as you can.

What I mean by this is use your 5 senses to REALLY explore your environment. Look at things in minute detail... smell the smells... taste stuff... feel things... hear things. Do this as much and as intensely as you can. This will bring your awareness into the reality you're experiencing and will LOCK it there.

What generally happens when we begin to wake up from an experience like this... the projector will begin to feel their physical reality body and they'll start to pickup on the sensory input from that physical body. What I explain above does it makes you ignore those physical senses and further heightens your non-physical senses which are already active in that reality. Eventually, this stops the physical senses altogether and leaves you nice and stable in the non-physical reality. :)

After that I sort of remember walking into the living room and having a conversation with my mum.

Kinda sounds like you began to lose awareness and started to drift back into an unaware dream awareness.

I'm sorry if this is a bit vague and doesn't make much sense, but that is how I remember it, a little bit patchy and fuzzy like a normal dream. I might be wrong, but I always thought that a LD would be much easier to remember and more clear. Thats mainly what's making wonder if this was a genuine LD and not just me dreaming about having an LD :/

Most non-physical experiences people have are patchy and fuzzy. Especially when you first start having them. How you recall the experience is relatively meaningless in whether it was a lucid or astral experience. I mean, meaningless beyond the fact you can recall it! LoL

The fact remains is that you became aware that you were dreaming WHILE you were dreaming. That's at the very least a lucid awareness experience. Now, if you knew had a "waking awareness" (that's what you have right now... as in you can identify who you are and what you are with all related memories of *you*) then you were astrally aware and were having an astral projection. The same "kind" of experience, except YOU are more aware during it.

I'm of the opinion that you can't dream about yourself having a lucid dream. If you understand how consciousness works, you'll quickly find that statement to be an impossibility. You're either aware you're in the non-physical or you're not aware you're in the non-physical.

I have dreamt about me having LD's in the past, that is why I'm so dubious.

Unless the experience was you talking to someone else about Lucid Dreams and not actually becoming aware yourself that you're dreaming... then THAT would be dreaming of a lucid dream. That's the only statement I'd ever accept to the contrary.

Otherwise, those "dreamt about me having LD's" *were* lucid dreams. People attempt to cut themselves short when it comes to this because for one reason or another try believe they just can't do it. Well, I'm sorry to tell those people, but you project each and every night of your life... humanity collectively calls it "dreaming". What it *REALLY* is a non-physical experience which you're simply unaware of.

How do I know this? Because I've taken a normal dream, become lucid in it... then increased my awareness to a "waking awareness" and enjoyed the resulting astral projection.

So don't cut yourself short here. If you became aware while dreaming, it's a lucid dream. Simple. :)

So here are my questions:
1. Do you think this was a real LD, or just me dreaming about becoming lucid?

As above... you had a full lucid dream. I'd go as far as saying you had a full astral projection actually! :)

2. If it was an LD, how can I go about having my second?

Pick a technique and work at it.
Alternatively, you could try reading my free eBook to get some pointers. :)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39504726/Phasing_Primer.pdf

Thank you if you bothered reading this :)

I enjoy reading other people who are learning and I enjoy even more helping people!

I hope I have helped. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”