The MILD techinque

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.

The MILD techinque

Postby Ivanna » 07 Jul 2012 19:42

Hi everyone,
I have decided to try my hand at the MILD technique, seeing as no other technique has worked properly for me. I have tried it in the past but this time I have decided to give this technique my all before moving on to something else. I have been doing it for about 4 or 5 days now and have experienced nothing as of yet, but my dream recall has improved slightly. What I'm having the most trouble with is is remembering to do reality checks (which I know is solely down to me, I just have to remember to do them more often) and my lucid affirmations. The one I have been using is "The next time I am dreaming, I will realize I am dreaming" which is fine but I have difficulty putting feeling into it and before long I find my mind start to wonder. I'm wondering maybe if it's because it's a little long winded? What I wanted to know was if anyone else who had seen success with this technique had any advice to offer me or any lucid affirmations that might be of more use to me? Thank you!
In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own ~ Dumbledore

Re: The MILD techinque

Postby SGraham » 07 Jul 2012 23:35

It sounds like you're on the right track for the most part. if you have only been trying the technique for a few days than chances are you wont see sucsess right away. i tried the a variation on the MIlD and it took me about a week and a half just to have one LD. if you feel that the affermations part isnt working than try to switch up what you say that way it isn so atoumatic.
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

Postby rothgar » 16 Jul 2012 13:11

I have been doing DILD with a very brief WBTB... basically a quick bathroom break... for 9 month. I tried the MILD by the book but only had about 1 LD per week. I varied lots of things eventually and found simple statements like 'next dream I will realize I am dreaming' is all that is required. Kept with 1 a week for 8 months with little improvement. However, on vacation last two weeks I went fron 6 hrs and 45 mins of sleep to 8+ hrs and started having as many as 3 a night... 14 over a 2 week period. I think extended sleep is a key, plus ongoing practice. It takes time to train your brain. And dont stress out trying MILD. Do it easy keeping a sleepy state.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Postby Ryan » 17 Jul 2012 02:04

You sound like you're doing just fine.
Try to use a timer or alarm to remember to do your reality checks. That always helped me.

I used to use an app on my phone to help me. There are lots of Lucid Dream helper apps out there. :)
For more information, please visit my website
Or join my forums!

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”